Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

andy kennedy

Buckna

5th Sep 2011

great to see Ross Boultwood at Belmont on Saturday despite his accident on Friday night. I realise that he was a bit "sore"(!) but I hope his recovery continues.

taito

work

5th Sep 2011

I would just like to pass on my congratulations to waringstown on a fabulous achievment. Im sure there are a few sore heads down in the village today but well deserved and you boys proved doubters wrong that you could still do it without obus. Congrats and hopefully this will kick start NCU sides performing well in the Irish Cup over the next few years

neil hunter

Belfast

2nd Sep 2011

Just a quick note to congratulate Andy McCrea on his latest award as European Outstanding Coach of the year.

This is a huge award for Andy and his club Templepatrick

People like Andy inspire others and in terms of the NCU as a whole, all cricketers and supporters should really appreciate the contribution Andy makes.

Well done Andy

James mcCourt

Coleraine

2nd Sep 2011

Re: simon

How are CIYMS a laughing stock - 1sts secured premier league status, 2nds going to finish top 4 and 3rds and 4ths second in their leagues. Also we have had 4 NCU U-15s, an Ireland U-14, and 3 representatives on the U-14 Lord Taverners. On top of this we have up to 100 kids on a Monday night at U-13&15s, and 90 U-11s on a friday night for Kwik Cricket.

Also we have staged representative matches and for the first time successfully Hosted the junior Cup Final.

So what makes you think we are a laughing stock and fizzling out?

I'm afraid to say CIYMS seem are intent on making themselves a laughing stock - even their 2nd's (formally their 1st's) seem to have fizzle'd out

Response

Simon...

chris

work

2nd Sep 2011

Re Davy

The NCU have said there is to be a minutes silence before matches this weekend in memory of Peter

Andy McCulloch

Moylena

2nd Sep 2011

Re James Taylor

Yes, Muckamore are down, but to blame Bags and Ralph is very unfair. They both decided not to play this season for reasons that will remain between them and me. The young players at Muckamore who got their first taste of Premier Cricket enjoyed the experience and have learnt from it and I can assure you that all at Moylena will be working hard this winter to ensure that we return to the Premier at the earliest opportunity.

James Taylor

Lisburn

2nd Sep 2011

So Muckamore drop out of the Premier League, feel sorry for their players as Coetzee and Baguley never appeared and left a team that just wasnt good enough to flounder- a warning to other clubs surely.
Looking also at Carrick and CIYMS and their underachievement compared to their spending it is time to put a stop to paying 4-5 players and allow one proper professional/coach per club before clubs lose their identity with these hangers on who are ruining club cricket.

Davy McD VCC

At home with my thoughts.

1st Sep 2011

Very saddened to hear of the tragic loss of life on Saturday last, and wish Ards CC, Clogher CC and especially the family circle of Peter's my condlances at this tragic time, and would like to agree with the posters before that have suggested that all games played in the NCU this weekend should be preluded with all players and officials observing a minutes silence beore either the toss or the start of play.

stuart hegarty

derriaghy

1st Sep 2011

ivan,

personally i would love to be one of the neutrals at the cup final. however, i see on the ncu website that there are at least 13 fixtures scheduled for sunday. this means that there are 'potentially' nearly 300 people unable to attend.
i have been informed that we have been given no option but to play our fixture on sunday...surely there should be some flexiblitilty for a re-arrangement not to be scheduled on the same day as the biggest club game in irish cricket.
was looking forward to a day out with the boys at the final...thats not gonna happen now.

Stephen Ritchie

Comber

31st Aug 2011

Hello, I am Peter Ritchie's brother Stephen and I would just like to take a moment to thank all the cricket teams all over Northern Ireland for all the comments that were left. It is very touching to know that you all knew Peter and his love for cricket, a love that I too shared with Peter. We miss you all Peter, love your brother Stephen.

ivan mccombe

Muckamore

31st Aug 2011

I'm surprised to see people whinging about the price of the admission to the BKISC Final on Sunday. I think at £8 it will still be good value and if it's £3 more than some expected sure it's going to a good cause. Cricket Ireland have progressed cricket on the international front over the past ten years and it's now up to individual clubs to get their house in order instead of blaming their own Unions for the fall in standard. Introduce coaching programmes or Academy structures for your better young players and stop whinging about giving an extra £3 once a year to the governing body.
I'm sure Sunday will be a close fought game with two well balanced teams and North Down will lay on a superb pitch and have suitable food and drink facilities to make it a good day out. I hope we see more neutrals than were at Comber last Sunday for what was virtually the Premier League decider between North Down and Waringstown.

Response

Hopefully be a bit warmer than last Sunday also Ivan!

Michael Foster

Lisburn

30th Aug 2011

Echoing all the other comments in relation to the tragic accident that resulted in Peter Ritchie's untimely death, Lisburn CC adds its sincere condolences to all concerned.

Alan

CI

30th Aug 2011

On behalf of all the players and members of CIYMS C.C., I would like to send our deepest sympathies to the Ritchie family and everyone connected with Ards C.C.

jonathan lyttle

NIACUS

30th Aug 2011

Then Officers and Members of NIACUS would like to extend their most sincere sympathy to the family of Peter Ritchie who was so sadly taken from us on Saturday as he travelled to Clogher. We hope that his family and indeed Ards CC will be comforted by the thoughts and prayers of our Association.

Andy McCrea

Templepatrick CC

30th Aug 2011

On behalf of Templepatrick CC - our deepest sympathies, thoughts and prayers go to the family and friends of Peter Ritchie and with all associated with Ards Cricket Club. We were very saddened to hear of his death on Saturday.