Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

Jonah

Belfast

23rd Sep 2011

CI Man

Look at the stats... no chance! It's about 2011 performance & Bat... not really!!!?

simon

Work

23rd Sep 2011

RE - CI man

Probably couldn't aford them mate

CI Man

East Belfast

23rd Sep 2011

Re Jonah

Surely McCord or Connell should be in the team as they can open bowling and can both bat a bit?

Jonah

Belfast

23rd Sep 2011

SC…

I understand your view, as he would be in my team 10 out of 10 times if this selection wasn’t based on balance of side from 2011 as well as stats…

From the stats this season the only one/two he could replace would be McCallan or Thompson, this would then keep the same balance with batting & bowling options. I’ve gone for 3 seamers & loads of spin options based on stats & also runs scored in batting position(s). If the top 5 is based on stats & a special innings or two along the way then Whitey just misses out this year… you can’t bat him lower than 5 really so that’s my reasons.

Bored.com!

SC

The Bridge

23rd Sep 2011

Jonah, your omission of Andrew White is questionable!

Jonah

Belfast

23rd Sep 2011

My NCU PL Team of 2011

1. R. McCann (+)
2. N. Jones
3. L. Nelson
4. R. Haire
5. J. Shannon
6. K. McCallan (c)
7. T. Khan
8. G. Thompson
9. E. Molean
10. B. Wylie
11. M. Moreland

Big T

work

22nd Sep 2011

That time of year again.

For what it's worth this is my Section 2 select side:

C McCrum (Dunmurry)
M Shields (Academy)
N Gelston (Drumaness)
C Russell (Armagh)
D Greenlees (Academy)
R Smith (Templepatrick)
R Johnston (Cooke Collegians)
A Maguinness (Laurelvale)
C Busby (Templepatrick)
M Burns (Laurelvale)
J Irons (Academy

Michael Foster

NCU Rule Book

20th Sep 2011

P Edwards - the season ends the last Saturday or Sunday of September, whichever be the latest. So Sunday 25th it is.

Jonathan Lyttle

SCOREBOX

20th Sep 2011

Due to the heavy rain on Friday the White Stick Trophy had to be postponed. I would like to apologise for anyone who may have turned up at Saintfield but alas I was unable to make publish a notice informing people of the cancellation.

P Edwards

Tesco

20th Sep 2011

RE; Jim

I'm sure I read somewhere that it ends the last Sunday in September...?

jim

office

20th Sep 2011

I think the season officially ends on 30th September!

P Edwards

Tesco

19th Sep 2011

Can someone please confirm...

Does the Season officially end this Sunday the 25th Sept...?

Clarence Hiles

In the archives not the Maldives

19th Sep 2011

DK, Check the wicket-takers down the years and you'll be amazed at how many wickets Ian Harrison took and that's what the comment was about. He has a great track record. Remember Waringstown won virtually everything in Ian's day and he was the principal wicket-taker with a brilliant fielding team and superb stumper in Bushy. He was also a bowling sub for Ireland numerous times. He's up there with the best at club level.
Ed

dk

belfast

19th Sep 2011

Ed, no disrespect and we'll 'agree to disagree' - to mention Ian Harrison in the same sentence as Monteith & Corlett? - come on, you should know better than that.................

Clarence Hiles

Wet Barbados but Irish eyes are smiling.

17th Sep 2011

Great quote from Declan Kidney after Ireland's win today-"Forwards win matches and the backs decide by how much."
Could we say in cricket bowlers win matches and the batsmen decide by how much?"
It took a rugby man to put it in words!
Neil, most of what you say is correct, but down the years some good cricket was played in September. A lot of indifferent cricket as well I agree. One concern is that we have almost abdicated September to winter sports. The real challenge may come when football etc switches to summer. The option remains to play in September, but clubs can still finish their season earlier if they want. September gives some flexibility.