Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

Billy

Lisburn

2nd Nov 2011

Any sign of the new CIYMS player/'coach'...

C.Boomer

Gettin ready for the halloween party !

29th Oct 2011

I'll stick with the cricket predictions Andy, don't get me started about football & likely results!

Suffice to say, what about that charming 'football star' who couldn't be bothered coming of the bench for the last 20mins or so during an important match and help his teammates & manager out of a tricky situation !

What is he on a week ? £200,OOO or did I hear £25O,OOO........either way....

Enough said !!!

(Good luck with the score draws anyway tonight).

andy kennedy

Buckna

27th Oct 2011

you called the cricket result right so any chance you could have a look at the fixed odds football coupon for Saturday as the tipster from Dundrum seems to be off the air!!

C.Boomer

About to head off for the nite-shift !

26th Oct 2011

Thanks Andy for the good old sympathy vote, but for a while anyway I really thought I was in with a good shout.

Then again I suppose my 6 for 20 odd against Indian Gymghana ( between ourselves mostly the tail-enders at that), way back in the late ninety's wasn't ever really going to 'cut the mustard' as it were ; combined with my naive admission to an ever increasing corpulent waistline, I guess from then on...I had shot myself in the foot !

Did you notice I called the India v England ODI result correctly yesterday and that was when England were 129 for 0 at the time and going well, so just proves I do know something about cricket........but doesn't matter now.

Pity though.. 'I could have been someone' !!

andy kennedy

you'd think I had more to do in Buckna

26th Oct 2011

Caleb - don't be too disappointed. The whispers that were going round Belmont in early September 2011 would indicate that this was a "done deal". I notice no-one from CI has picked up on the late season rumour of a player making the reverse journey!! But then it might have been just a rumour!
P.S. - congratulations to Mr. Angry for looking so well at the Lisburn dinner (see NCU site) - he cleans up well!!

C.Boomer

Watching 'The fall guy' on ITV 4

26th Oct 2011

Re: CI Shortlister,

I'm very sorry indeed to learn that I didn't make 'the cut' as you so succinctly put it ! And thanks for the kind offer of the use of your Gym.

I do hope it wasn't my quite portly waist (not waste) measurements that sealed my fate, although sometimes to my disadvantage I can be just too honest !

However it was nice to dream for a while, but now it's back to reality and to continue on I guess with the same old..same old, 12hr shifts at boring old work, but good luck to the new player/coach at CIYMS C.C. whoever he/she maybe.

And best wishes to all at Belmont Rd.for next season !

The CI Shortlister

Home

26th Oct 2011

Mr Boomer the post wasn't for our 4th XI, if you read the criteria it said premier league standard!

CI Shortlister

The office

26th Oct 2011

Sorry C.Boomer, You didn't make the cut!

But if you would like to join we have a gym there too if you would like to cut down to a 32..

andy kennedy

Buckna

26th Oct 2011

bit cryptic there Matthew! C'mon name a few names for the crack!!

matthew

vault

26th Oct 2011

funny how clubs want all yes men to try and run them who will not go against what the other big guns say some clubs are sad and will end up very sorry

C.Boomer

Still very soggy Moira park !

26th Oct 2011

CI Shortlister:

Thanks for that and by the way I won't need the car insurance, but I'm a 36" waste or there abouts....Just incase !

My regards again to you all.

CI shortlister

The wealthy east

25th Oct 2011

Re C Boomer. It's going very well thanks, all candidates are very excited at the prospect of new tracksuits and Hughes insurance. Any news, we'll post it here first!

Ryan

Comber

25th Oct 2011

Clarence just finished getting through the book. A great read! Congrats to you, Bill and the team.

C.Boomer

A very soggy Moira park !

25th Oct 2011

It's a fair comment Andy, hateful to say the least to see quality home produce being 'head-hunted' by England and then if they're up to it, off they go and become 'English' !
Although in fairness to the individuals themselves I suppose it's a bigger meal ticket at the end of the day and a chance to 'shine' at the highest level if all goes well.

As for the current India v England ODI series, it's a pity to see England surcumbing so meekly out in India after such a productive summer at home, but alas there's two insurmountable barriers that stand between them and a series white-wash...
1/India's slow bowling in their own back-yard.
2/Mahendra Sing Doni.....awesome !

Bye the way, how's the shortlisting going with the new CIYMS player/coach ?

andy kennedy

getting Flossie dried out

25th Oct 2011

surprised that no-one has commented on Michael Vaughan's view that Boyd Rankin would soon be in an England jersey. Its not so long ago that england was being touted as the number 1 world side and how quickly that changes. And as for the England rugby World Cup performance!! Better quit now or posters will accuse me (again) of being anti-English