Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

DavyMcD Vcc

Waringstown

5th Feb 2012

Andy, we have no choice, we cannot afford the increased costs
"If craigavon Council could justify the increased costs to playing cricket where we have been playing for about 20 years, or on other council pitches for our entire 58 year existance, or in a park that has had cricket played for 90+ years, then maybe I could understand, they have refused to explain or justify the price rise, so please support Vicoria Cricket Club as we fight to continue, especially as we are now in a stronger position both on and off the field as we have been for many years, and support the ratepayers that enjoy spending a while in the summer watching the game we love."
We have an online petition started to gain support for cricket to remain in Lurgan park, and a club with 58 years to continue, and a town that once had three clubs to retain at least two.
Other clubs may feel that if we fold they will benefit, but i will argue that if we fold then the game of cricket will suffer.

andy kennedy

Buckna

5th Feb 2012

Greg - that's a bit of a slap alright. Are council's not supposed to be encouraging sport instead of discouraging. It would be interesting to hear how they can justify such a hike!

Gregory Mullin

Not Lurgan Park ??

2nd Feb 2012

Victoria CC just had a meeting with Craigavon Council and were told that there Ground Rent was proposed to rise by over 650% to a staggering £2200.00 per year [Apr. to Sept] could other clubs who hire of Councils please let me know how much they pay ??

David

Moira

2nd Feb 2012

Mike McComish former Connacht player is going to play cricket for Lisburn this summer?

"The Turk"

Work

2nd Feb 2012

Hiler,not sure if he's been mentioned in any previous posts but my good friend & fellow Grasshopper Simon Thompson played out-half for Ballyclare,went on to play for the Ulster Junior team & still plays for Muckamore

Neil Hunter

Belfast

1st Feb 2012

Clarence

A few more from Dad

Dermott Monteith - platyed outhalf for CI 1sts

Stanley Hewitt - cricket for North & Ireland and centre for Inst and Ulster

Basil McNamee - Played at North and played wing forward for Ulster and CI

Charlie Corry - Played for Ireland and Cregagh and played full back for Malone

Ryan Haire

Comber

1st Feb 2012

Agree completely with Michael it is a real shame Obus wont be in NI for 2012. Hopefully for him his back issues wont prevent an SA international career. It will however give youth an additional chance as will be the case hopefully in a number of sides!

Michael Foster

Lisburn

1st Feb 2012

A real shame (genuinely!) to hear that Obus is injured and wont be back this summer at the Lawn. I am sure they were looking forward to having him back, and a lot of local cricket supporters (from not just WCC) were as well.

Leather & Willow

Malone Road

1st Feb 2012

Here, I've heard that former Saintfield and 2011 CSNI pro Ellison played rugby in NZ for Otago B. Fair play to him. Is he back this year? CSN could struggle in 2012!

Davy Menaul

home

31st Jan 2012

RE: Ben McCord

Andy, after seeing Bens profile on an email for overseas players looking for a club for 2012 I would be saying yes he has.

andy kennedy

baltic in buckna

31st Jan 2012

maybe this has slipped under the radar but has Ben McCord parted company with CIYMS?

C.Boomer

India lookin' to save face in t'morrow's T20 !

31st Jan 2012

To Peter Shepherd:

Was wondering if you're looking in, were you able to make any further enquiries with that particular photograph you mentioned previously?

And was it the same one that I had referred to in my reply ?

andy kennedy

baltic in buckna

31st Jan 2012

maybe Gibson had heard of your "petrol bombs" Ivan!

Michael Kennedy

Muckamore

31st Jan 2012

I remember playing rugby at Ballymena with James Kennedy, Simon McDowell, Peter Gregg and Stephen Colgan.

I think I might have played rugby at Randalstown with Ballymena Cricketer William Mongomery.

Roger Bell

Home

31st Jan 2012

Clarence,

Add to refs Brian Stirling