Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

taito

belfast

26th Jan 2012

player moves... Any new professionals or any movements in section 1?

Anthony

The Living Room

26th Jan 2012

Ref Norman :

Surely Inst wouldn't tap up anyone?!

Heard Zach Rushe has moved to Inst from Bangor though...

Norman Watters

Dromara

26th Jan 2012

So we all know about CIs activity in the off season

What about the other clubs? Surely there must be some transfers with the Premier League down to 8 teams?

Had heard a rumour of a few Bangor players being tapped up by Inst?

Regards
Norman

JONATHAN LYTTLE

NIACUS

25th Jan 2012

The Officers and Members would like to express their most sincere sympathy to the family and friends of the late Roy Morrow. Roy was a popular umpire and a great servant to NIACUS. Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife Joan and family and we hope they are comforted by these at this time.

CI Man

Work

25th Jan 2012

Re Steven

Hearing a story and knowing the facts are 2 totally differnet things and you certainly dont know the facts.

If you want to join the others in having a go at us, please try and confirm your information before posting.

Steven

Carryduff

25th Jan 2012

Re CI man;

Does your Manager help out the CI skipper? I'm told one of the reasons for your last seasons skippers departure was the lack of help and assistance? Hardly a framework to work from, if to be believed.

When the big teams make a change or implement a new initiative, you can bet your life it will be done with 100% commitment. And ND would most certainly NOT be following anything done by CI, I'd imagine.

CI Man

Work

25th Jan 2012

Congratulations to North Down in copying something that CI have been doing for the past 2 years. We have had a person/manager in place who looks after the majority of the off field work for our 1st XI Captain and have found it to be a great success.
Great to see our wee club doing something that the big boys like!!

PS Hussein coming to CI?? Not as far as we know!!

Response

Must be a slow news week when appointing a manager to a team gets top billing!

roy young

ards

24th Jan 2012

re paul clarke

Yes jeremy bray is joining ciyms along with butterworth, i.hussein (from up your direction) and another Pakistani pro. They must be pushing for a top spot

Bruce Topping

Donaghcloney

24th Jan 2012

More clubs will have to start thinking like North Down to simply stay competitive.

Our future 2020 test stars will have to start at clubs !

andy kennedy

Buckna

24th Jan 2012

really forward-thinking initiative by N.Down.

Michael Foster

Diary Room

24th Jan 2012

Russeller: Maybe you could put out an advert for your physio with those credentials on twitter......you never know who might apply.

Russeller

Comber

24th Jan 2012

Re Doctor!

Dr,

Yes, a team manager has been appointed to ND 1st X1 and what great news that will be for our Skipper, Peter Shields.

The time and effort put into the role of Captain at North Down is far more reaching than just turning up on a Saturday. Peter has over the years organised everything from pre season nets, pre season tour (flights,accomodation,transport),team kit,weekly selection meetings, then notifying the team and "maybe" those not selected, 1st X1 practice 2 nights per week, playing every Saturday and Sunday (That's what success brings), attending Executive Committee meetings, and spending countless hours that turn into days upon days of researching potential new professionals. I've missed out many other roles performed by our Club Captain, but as you can see,the role of a Captain at NDCC is just a little bit more than selecting a team and then walking onto the field of play.

Having our Coach, Gavin Rogers, has taken a great deal of pressure off Peter when it comes to practice etc. The focus that a non playing Coach brings to the team is undeniable. Just look at Instonians, they followed our lead in appointing Dave Wilcox mid way through last season and i would imagine that Dave will be a permanent fixture for a long time on these shores. The expertise, time and effort that the likes of Gavin and Dave put into both clubs is something that you simply cannot deny. The developing youth learn very early on within my club what is expected of them to become Premier League players... ie Determination to succeed and be the best you possibly can be, practice practice practice and always play hard but fair. Give me this type of structure anyday over 5 or 6 blow ins, who, lets face it, would only there for the money. Fact.

Russeller

p.s If it ever comes to the possibilty of us getting a physio, i'll be doing the search for her. Essential criteria: Female, Blonde.........etc etc. ha!!

Paul Clarke

Derry City

24th Jan 2012

Is Jeremy Bray really coming to play in the NCU? If he is he should do very well - the season I saw him play for Eglinton he was as good as any of the pros around. He should be a top performer and great to watch

andy kennedy

Buckna

24th Jan 2012

so nobody is moving and everyone is staying where they were! not much craic for the forum when that happens.

JONATHAN LYTTLE

NIACUS

24th Jan 2012

Closing date for applications for NIACUS Annual Umpire Training Course is Friday 27th January 2012. I would remind all clubs that you should be encouraging members to take part in this course. The demands placed upon Ian Houston to provide umpires are growing each season and there are clubs who have no umpires on our list. So I would encourage you to contact Keith Smith or Jonathan Lyttle by 27th to register for course. Without the boys in blue how could you play?