Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

M. Parks (VCC)

www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/victoriacc

7th Feb 2012

Re: R Bell

The NCU have been informed via email.

Unfortunately, with such a short timescale we have been unable to have any discussions with them, as we have to concentrate our efforts on opposing these charges, before they are passed.

Of course we would be, and are, greatful for any help/support we receive.

If these changes are implemented, we shall no doubt have discussions with the NCU. However, for now we must concentrate our efforts on doing all we can to prevent them being implemented.

Roger Bell

Home

7th Feb 2012

Did Victoria contact the NCU for assistance when they found out about these problems? (I don't know the answer to that)

If not, perhaps they should have done so before going on to forums, sending out petitions etc?

Anyway, if the Victoria have done, I'm sure the NCU will do everything they can to assist, as they always try to do, despite the criticism they get from some quarters.

jonathan lyttle

Scorebox

7th Feb 2012

I appreciate that financial demands placed upon NCU but what about Cricket Ireland forgetting about some central contracts and paying for Victoria? Surely grassroots cricket more important?

C.Boomer

At home

7th Feb 2012

Andy Kennedy & Marty McKeown:

Very valid and pertinent points you raise and far be it for me to pre-empt any action the N.C.U. may or may not take in the case of Victoria's difficult plight; I would contend that at the very least, they have a 'duty of care' and a moral obligation to try and assist one of 'their own' !

After all, aren't we all in the 'same business' together ??

Marty McKeown

Woodvale.

7th Feb 2012

re. Andy Kennedy & NCU involvement.

I would suggest the NCU do get involved in Victoria's plight, otherwise what is the point of being in a 'Union'. I know that my club has had difficulties with Belfast City Council in getting council pitches and I'm not sure that the NCU gave us much support in trying to book pitches, but that's an argument for another day.

Gary

Work

7th Feb 2012

So I hear that CI have signed an overseas professional to go with Bray, Butterworth and Taimur Khan. So much for this 'youth development programme' CI have in structure!

C.Boomer

Petition signed !

6th Feb 2012

If Victoria C.C. are forced to dissolve because of what sounds like intransigence by pen-pushers on Craigavon Council who can't get their sums to add up at the near end of the financial year; it will not only be a complete travesty for them, but a major blow to all cricket throughout the N.C.U. !!

Folks please, at least sign the petition and thats not see yet another proud cricket club disappear into 'the ether' !!

Davy Hamilton

Newtownabbey

6th Feb 2012

On the subject of cricketing rugby players, former Ireland Captain Rob Saunders played cricket for Cliftonville

Davy Hamilton

Newtownabbey

6th Feb 2012

Cliftonville Cricket Club are looking to appoint a locally based cricket development officer, initially for the 2012 season.
This is a new part-time post encompassing playing,coaching and junior club development.
Applications are welcomed from coaches who hold the ECB level 1 coaching certificate, or higher qualification. Candidates should have Premier League playing experience and current level of playing ability that matches this standard.
Remuneration to be discussed on the basis of qualifications and experience.

Please apply in writing with attached CV to David Hamilton , Hon. Secretary, Cliftonville CC @ themightyfrog@live.co.uk
closing date 31st March 2012

andy kennedy

Buckna

6th Feb 2012

does the NCU see itself in having a role to play in the Victoria issue?

JONATHAN LYTTLE

NIACUS

6th Feb 2012

The IACUS Conference is being hosted by NIACUS at Stormont on Saturday 18th February 2012. Anyone interested in attending should contact Jonathan Lyttle by Monday 13th February 2012. There is no fee and tea/coffee and lunch will be provided for all who attend. It promises to be an interesting day and we would encourage as many to attend as possible.

Neill Harvey

Huffing and Annoyed in Lurgan

6th Feb 2012

Victoria Cricket Club in the last 2 years have went from struggling to field a 1st and 2nd team on the same day to having a 3rd eleven and a Colts side. This has all been down to the hard work of Committee and an influx of players. We are not world beaters and we know it but what we do know is that we all love our cricket. If we arent playing we are watching but the council may well take this away from us with this price increase. Lurgan Park in the summer is a hell of a nice place to play cricket and numerous players and teams have told us as much and you do generally get a lot of people stopping to watch even if only for half an hour. Lurgan Park in the summer without cricket to put it simply is WRONG. Wake up council.

andy kennedy

being proved right in Buckna!!

6th Feb 2012

Will certainly followup on the petition. Perhaps some of the free-spending clubs would consider making a donation. In that event at least some of the money would be staying in Northern Ireland

M. Parks (VCC)

On the picket line

5th Feb 2012

As Greg has said, the Council have proposed changes to what Victoria CC will be charged in 2012, which if adopted will see a 675% increase on 2011.

There is an online petition opposed to these changes. We would appreciate it if users of the forum would have a look, and spread it amongst their team mates and friends.

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/victoriacc

Davy McD VCC

At home contemplating saturday afternoons with no cricket.

5th Feb 2012

Andy, if we are unable to change this increase in cost, a town that used to have three clubs will have one and a lot of people that love the game of cricket will turn their back on the game for ever.
I know that I love the game, but if VCC folds, then I will NEVER again watch a game as I will be that disillusioned, this is that serious for me, having played the game and loved the game from I was about 7 years of age, either watching my dad for Lambeg of joining my Grandfather watching Waringstown.