Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

stephen gourley

house

10th Dec 2012

Just to let peple know, that are interested. My fathers funeral will take place on Thursday 13th December at 12.30 in Greenisland Presbyterian Church, followed by burial in Carnmoney East Cemetery.

andy kennedy

baltic but dry in Buckna

7th Dec 2012

This is really sad news although I was aware that Ian has been unwell for some time. My abiding memory goes back to when he had recommended to Boycie that following a sucessful Woodvale Somerset tour, the Webbington Country Club was the ideal venue for the players to stay. JRW was so enthused that Ballymena toured there the following year, Dessie Kane, et al! Enuff said! Many good times in his company and will be missed. My sympathy goes to his family at this time.

NCU

NCU Office

7th Dec 2012

The Northern Cricket Union is saddened to learn of the death of their esteemed former President and Chairman Ian Gourley.
Ian was Chairman of the Union in 1994 and 1995 and President from 2007-2009. In 2009 he was elected a life member of the NCU.
Ian also served the Irish Cricket Union with great distinction and was the ICU's Honorary Treasurer from 2000-2006.
At club level he played for Cliftonville and Woodvale and was Treasurer of the Woodvale club from 1990-1997 before taking over as Chairman from 1997-2002.
The Union expresses its deepest sympathy to his wife Jennifer and the family on their sad loss.

Jonathan Lyttle

NIACUS

7th Dec 2012

The Officers and Members of NIACUS would like to extend their most sincere sympathy to the family of our friend and Vice President Ian Gourley who has sadly passed away. Ian was a great friend and supporter of NIACUS and he will be missed by all. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family at this sad time.

GARETH EVANS

WOODVALE CC

7th Dec 2012

I have the sad task of announcing the death of Ian Gourley. Ian was a great servant to Woodvale CC, the NCU and ICU. His forthright no nonsense approach to on and off field matters will be greatly missed. R.I.P. Ian

andy kennedy

baltic but dry in Buckna

5th Dec 2012

maybe after the Co. Antrim Shield final the real "Linfield Jason" is too shy to stand up!!

andy kennedy

liquored at Stormont

1st Dec 2012

P.S. Jason - the spelling is "Belmont" not "Belmount" - just getting that in before someone from Come In Your Ma's Shouting catches on!

Sam Magill

Newtownards

1st Dec 2012

I was chatting to Jason McCullough on Friday evening at the Newtownards Christmas Lights Switch On. He tells me he hasn't yet ventured onto the Worldwide Web. Are there two Jason McCulloughs? Will the real Linfield Jason please stand up.

andy kennedy

baltic but dry in Buckna

30th Nov 2012

Jason avers that CI do "a good tea". Whilst it would not be my wont to comment I'm sure that others may have a different view. All I can say is that I suggest that Jason takes a trip to Wallace Park next season because if last season's standards are maintained then look no furter. Interesting that at the Ulster Society of Rugby Referees@ dinner a hospitality award is presented based on the votes of active members - how would a similar survey in NCU cricket work out?

jason mccullough

Newtownards

29th Nov 2012

Jonathan, I look forward to seeing you at Belmount next season. You can be sure of a good welcome from Jack (same name as my dad) and Mrs Mccullough. The Church of Ireland Young Men's Society always do a good tea. Good bless

Ivan McCombe

Moylena

29th Nov 2012

I'm looking forward to my 40th year of regular Saturday cricket and playing on great grounds like The Lawn, The Green, Ballygomartin Road and Wallace Park and to spending a few days midweek watching the three day Interprovincial games.

"The Turk"

Work

28th Nov 2012

Lookin' forward to playin' Templepatrick at The Cloughan too Neil-joined Cliftonville in '85 from them,so will be a special day for me to lock horns with them after all these years.
Also,as i live in Ballyclare it'll just be a stagger home for me after the game,albeit a long one!!!!

andy kennedy

baltic but dry in Buckna

28th Nov 2012

Stevie Dun to CI so c'mon, why is no-one further speculating or rumour-mongering? This is getting a bit quiet! Also, thanks to the Lurgan guys for a great night. Hope Mr. Godfrey got home safely. Some interesting points made by our mate Nico (sic!) about match-fixing and "pedalogate".

JONATHAN LYTTLE

NEW HOME

28th Nov 2012

Just wanted to thank clubs who presented me with some interesting offers for 2013 but I have agreed to score for CIYMS next season. Good luck to all of those clubs who contacted me. I appreciate your interest.

Neil Hunter

Belfast (cold but dry)

26th Nov 2012

Neil

I am looking forward to the first decent summer in years!!