Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

robin haire

lords cricket ground comber

29th May 2008

TO THE VILLAGE

only tears of joy last year. remember if u give it out you have got to learn to take it. as i said at the time an unacceptable mouthful from gordon irwin at the cup final last year did ur club a disservice as ur chairman stated afterwards.

ps. why dont u post ur name like everyone else does.

clarence hiles

Barbados

28th May 2008

In reply to the Village posting there's no bias against any club on this website. Obviously we have cricket backgrounds and club affiliations but so do some reporters and union officials. Look at the message and not the messenger. Also for information we don't report on all tournaments as that's not really the culture of the website which is driven by magazine type articles. The Forum attracts all sorts of independent comments and opinions including yours, and we publish them in an unbiased way unless they are personal and abusive. Referring to us as the North Down website is a cheap shot but we still published it for readers to form their own opinions. There's nothing wrong with being loyal to your cause but let's be fair all round. The Ulster Cricketer didn't shout abuse at your players and Michael Patterson is not an idiot because he has a different opinion. That's the culture of open forums.

michael patterson

Lisburn

28th May 2008

Well Robin there you have it. I'm an idiot, this is a North Down website and the editor doesn't report on Waringstown victories. Seems like the feathers are well and truly ruffled.

The Village

The Green bar - as if

28th May 2008

Re: Robin Haire

Given the abuse handed out during the game from your bar on Saturday I imagine it was the last place the Waringstown players wanted to be on Saturday night, whether they won or lost. But anyway they are big enough boys not to cry on the websites like you did last year after the Cup Final.

Re: Michael Patterson

Just the sort of crap we've come used to seeing on this North Down website. Idiot.

PS. Can the Editor explain why the Twenty 20 Finals day last year received not one word of publicity on the website. Especially given that every other trophy received a write-up & pics? Let me guess, because it was won by Waringstown? Where is your credability?

taito

work

28th May 2008

section 2: Well the table is starting to take shape, and its probably looking pretty much as people would have expected (maybe apart from our start), although some may have predicted that too. The top three are looking strong, but as we expected it is looking like one of the strongest section 2 leagues for a long time. If the top three start taking points off each other then it could become interesting. Man of the moment is mr sharkey, obviously in great nick, lets hope he has a bad week this saturday when we play them

michael patterson

Lisburn

27th May 2008

These guys must hate losing more than you Robin. After all when they couldn't beat you on the field in 2006 they went to great lengths to do it in the committee room.
This is modern Waringstown. Not a shadow of old Waringstown who you grew up with.

robin haire

lords cricket ground comber

27th May 2008

one thing i drilled into our guys from a young age at north down was whether win or lose have a refreshment with your opponents after the game. last saturday for the first time in my 30 + years of playing i felt quite sad that not one of the waringstown players stayed after the game for a chat. rest assured if they beat us at the lawn in august they,ll pack the planters out and the north down players will be there to congratulate them. i suppose thats the thanks you get for lending waringstown 4ths our ground on sunday.
theres no one hates losing more than yours truly but lets wise up lads , its only a game.

Paul Hatton

Dublin

27th May 2008

Great effort by Ireland and particularly Kevin O'Brien. You have to admire the way this team performed against huge odds and defections. The coach seems to have gone 100% down the road of youth and his pro is certainly a lot better than some of the others we've had in recent years. Well done Phil and the boys.

rodney hassard

Dundrum.

26th May 2008

Ed, he is settling in well although he notices a big change in weather and also pace of wicket. His coaching has been excellent and having played 3 games he was unlucky in a few so here's hoping he hits form soon.

Rodney Hassard

Dundrum

25th May 2008

Does anyone know if professionals are allowed to play in the Ulster Shield?

Response

They are allowed Rodney, how is your guy settling in?

simon corlett

The Long Room

25th May 2008

Clarence,
I enjoyed your article on umpires, but have to take you to task regarding appeals and decisions ! As Hawk-eye has often shown, umpires tend to give the batsmen the benefit of the doubt, but some of our old umpires obviously didn't need electronic help. Of course, I would suggest they were right , though they tended to get it wrong when I went out to bat. ( I must now try and extract my tongue which seems to be firmly embedded in my right cheek ! )

W Turner (No Affiliated Club)

Co Antrim

25th May 2008

I think the NW correspondent on the other ‘channel’ has lost the plot a bit – some kid from Killysomewhere getting trials at a county – give me a break.

They really do live in a wee world of their own up there…

jeff maguire

tips

24th May 2008

eway nap enticing haydock335. new approach 345 curagh. luck money 250 newmarket.virtual 305 haydock.abandon 235. last chance for FYODOR eway 205 haydock.best outsiders bellomi 410&oasis wind320.jupiter pluvius345, think jimmy fortune will get at least3 winners at newmarket. good luck

jeff maguire

WISH I WAS IN BARBADOS

24th May 2008

clarence, you are too long in the sun if you can understsnd me as after two brain operations i aint got clue what i go on about .lol i remember fantastic article you gave us in THE ULSTER CRICKETER 20 years ago after we our changing rooms burnt down twice & we as club worked long &hard too keep cricket going in dundrum &its times like this when in quarter final of DOWN DEMOCRAT CHALLENGE CUP &playing section 2 that it makes you proud & yes i have always DREAMED of dundrum in the spotlight.not enough clubs enjoy cricket as its not life or death ,we have hosted cliftonvile holywood&muckamore & i can assure you that they enjoyed themselves in DUNDRUM.

Russeller

Home

23rd May 2008

Hiler,

Excellent article on the umpires, dont recall to many of them due to my age but as Staffy quite rightly mentioned Trevor Henry was a superb official and is greatly missed on the cricket field. He was most definitely highly thought off in the umpiring world and by cricketers alike. How highly was he thought off?? Well a certain Darrel Hair flew half way round the world to attend his funeral which in my opinion sums up how much respect he had within the game.