Please click here to leave a message.
The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.
RE: MICHAEL PATTERSON
1. I have never indiated support for the 'rule' in question.
2. I merely pointed out in the face of accustaions to a hard working administer that he had acted 'arbitrarily', that he had, in fact, simply applied the rules.
3. I am at a loss to understand what this has to do with North Down last year - do you have another agenda?
4. I do not understand the sarcasm directed to me and what I do for a living - I represented my club's interests last season. I beleve we all know the outcome. If you were in a position to assist your club would you refuse?
5. What relevance is being a Waringstown member with regards to this issue - this game has no affect on Waringstown at all?
6. On a personal note I am delighted the semi-final will be played.
7. The Lord chief Justice is referred to as "Your Lordship" and not "Your Worship".
8. I am proud to be a 'Waringstown Man'. However on Friday I am representing the NCU Youth Committee at the under 15 League Final rather than watching my son play for Waringstown. What are you doing?
MICHAEL - PLEASE QUOTE WHERE I HAVE DEFENDED THE RULE BOOK IN THIS OCCASION OR BE MAN ENOUGH TO WITHDRAW THIS SUGGESTION.
You're right Dee.
But we won't have to wait long because we're certainly going to have another major controversy this season with all these matches still to be played and the rule-book about to be kicked all over the place.
Watch this space!
Would it be possible to get a list of the remaining fixtures, with dates, on the site?
We'll do our best!
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm Mr. Patterson?!
I think we have enough to worry about ending this season without dragging up issues from last year…
Just read the NCU has changed its rules and applied common sense to the re-scheduling of the under 15 semi-final. And guess who was in the middle of it all defending the NCU rulebook but none other that cricket's Lord Chief Justice Neale Matthews?
But wait, didn't the NCU change its rules this time?
Now why was the law of common sense not applied last year 'your worship' when North Down made a flippant error in Peter Connell's registration?
Perhaps it's because you're more of a Waringstown man than an NCU man!
Ok, the latest Ireland squad has just been announced and I must say, I'd rather have Jason Molins than Dominic Joyce! This guy is a very good cricketer but he has had chances galore and not taken them - why has he not been discarded?!?!
Can anybody update us all on what happened to the NCU Development plan? It arrived in a blaze of glory but seems to have disappeared off the radar just a quickly. Was it the fact that the NW didn’t want an Ulster League that buried it?
For that matter, is the NW going to produce a development plan?
Its tight at the top of the Senior League this year isn’t it? If Donemana beat Brigade then it will go down to the wire. Pity there is no relegation as the way the NCU is shaping up, every team will be involved in something until the last games are played!!!
Agh Robert you really got me there!
Apart from Jason Molins I don't know anybody else who wants to play for Ireland!
Interesting top five you have selected
Ralph has been selected to play this year and has refused. Haire has refused to play for the A team. Kennedy refuses to play on Sunday. Let's put forward names that are interested in playing for Ireland
Fantastic game at the Green today, CSNI and Derriaghy entertained the fans with some great hitting, none more so than big Ewan Thompson. The most interesting thing I heard during the day was that he lives in Comber, what odds for next season...
Hey Dee why don't you contact Jason Molins as he's the authority on Ireland selection these days. And be careful not to be personal or polical or mention captaincy as .......there's only one Ireland captain, one Ireland captain, there's only one Ireland captainnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
Can anyone tell me is Regan West eligible to play for Ireland? If so, I would have thought he would be in the frame for selection, given he is a genuine spinner of the ball and a powerful batsman…
For Robert of Irealnd.
Try the following;
If you want a clean striker of the ball who goes for his shots from the start then what about Wayne Horwood or Neil Russell?
All these guys can field, are fit and don't 'blow their own trumpets.' They are team players and they deliver.
Surely for the second attempt at a cup tie both grounds should be made available, and if it is the away team’s that has to be used due to weather etc, then the ‘home’ team must conceded this advantage? Better than a bowl-out!