Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

gossip munger

on my pc

21st Nov 2008

heard that noel maguire from dundrum is to play at ballygomartin rd next season...............or did i hear it wrong..........could it be JOEL

lee connor to ballymena??????????

Wayne Horwood

On the way to the pub

21st Nov 2008

I cannot add to the rumours but if anybody wants to join CSN we are particularly looking folk with New Zealand passports and bowlers with the ability to get through their overs quickly!

Gary Smyth

Close to Rumour Mill

21st Nov 2008

I see from the CIYMS website that Derek Heasley is to captain them next year...

Paul Doherty

Ballynahinch

21st Nov 2008

Good to see a bit of gossip again!!! If they prove to be true Muckamore will have a strong line up with the additions to their panel.

G. Ossip

Rumour Mill

21st Nov 2008

David Kennedy of Holywood may join Woodvale in the Premier league.
I have heard that Holywood will also lose Seamus Sharkey to Muckamore.
Also Brian Anderson is to join the Moylena club from Cliftonville.

Sitting on the sidelines...

Sidelines...

21st Nov 2008

Basset to inst...from a fairly reliable source!

Rodney Hassard

Work

21st Nov 2008

Have to say I heard the Downpatrick players mentioned below have in fact decided to leave. I was told by a member within the club however we all know about chinese whispers. If they do move it will be interesting to see how they fair as last season wasn't great by their own standards.

Any more gossip?

Gareth McCarter

The transfer free Mall.

21st Nov 2008

I think the rumour mill should be encouraged, its interesting to hear the stories that people come up with and comparing them to teams at the start of the summer.

mark

Belfast

21st Nov 2008

Ed, can we put a ban on rumours and gossip as once this starts it's never ending and usually a wind-up?
The reason the site is quiet is because the season has ended and there's a limit to how much we want to take about new league structures, and bringing back the interprovincials.

taito

work

21st Nov 2008

I can confirm that i am going nowhere , i will be playing at downpatrick next year trying to get us back in to the premier league.

With regards the other players, im sure there will be rumours , i havent heard for sure that any of them are leaving.

Sitting on the sidelines...

Sidelines...

20th Nov 2008

Things have gone fairly quiet on the forum so heres some fat to chew over. I have heard that Neil Gelston is on his way to CIYMS from Downpatrick. Not only that but James Cunningham and Andrew Bassett are also reportedly leaving and possibly Paul Tate, not sure where though. With Geoff Ferguson retiring and the loss of these players could it be a second relegation in three years? The future does not look bright.....

andy kennedy

not Buckna

16th Nov 2008

think you got it in one Tom! of course there may be some who have a wicked sense of humour and will send a posting to stir things up and see who bites - but maybe not on this Forum!!

Tom Higgins

credit crunching

14th Nov 2008

So Andy, the Forums are just for those who 'Talk the Talk'.
It gives them something to do while waiting to be in the Jeremy Kyle audience!
The 'Walk the Walkers' will presumably then continue to be the butt of criticism from the often ill-informed and regularly un-informed (yourself excluded).
Sometimes I wonder why they bother - but then sometimes I wish they wouldn't.
I suppose waiting for a 'bright' idea at a time when electricty costs what it does is a forlorn hope.

andy kennedy

not Buckna!!

13th Nov 2008

re Tom Higgins and his text from the Good Book - the whole point of the various forums is that comments can be made and views expressed. Everyone can have a point of view on what is happening around them - I don't recall anyone coming on and trying to resolve any difficulties within their own club - do you not listen to the biggest "blow in the country" - the Stephen Nolan Show every weekday morning? Plenty of comments there without anyone having to take responsibility.

andy kennedy

not Ballymena

13th Nov 2008

re Cecil Johnston - the list of names certainly rings a lot of memories - I recall as a young lad playing against George Orr who was a very old man even then! - I always remember when I would meet him at dinners and meetings he would always remind me of his Harryville connections of which he was very proud - for the uninitiated - ballymena is a suburb of Harryville.