Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

MARK CC

sitting at the fire

27th Nov 2008

i hear there is two saintfield players in talk with joining dundrum and i think it is because they want to play in section two and not to try and get dundrum relegated.

taito

work

27th Nov 2008

rodeny, i would say if you had more as agood as boycott you would be in the premier league never mind close to relegation.

any rumours about a couple of saintfield boys leaving??

Stevie Max

Not the Taj Mahal Hotel Mumbai... will I get my deposit back?!??

27th Nov 2008

Weedy,
If Rodney had batted like Boycott, we would be in Section 3 this year. And I left the book under the barbeque 'cos the place was locked up. After they had been checked by Roger & co, I thought it would have been better if it had been nicked!

Rodney Hassard

Work

27th Nov 2008

Re Jeff - Boycott

If there were more Boycotts in the Dundrum side then I'd say we wouldn't be talking about a close relegation encounter ;)

Wayne Horwood

Work

27th Nov 2008

Re Ivan. I probably need to be more explicit in my comments to stop you falling off your armchair. My point was nothing to do with Les putting his feet up and retiring from cricket which clearly no Muckamore player would ever do. My point is if he is banned for 4 matches or whatever the period is I would imagine that ban goes for all cricket? Maybe I am wrong but you would think it would be the case. If he is banned the FA cup is usually the second week in May (about 3rd or 4th game of the season) hence he might have his feet up, having a beer, watching the match.

jeff maguire

not long till EASTER

26th Nov 2008

them 3 overs got johnny in2 form which resulted in a superb ton. but now that you have remembered me maybe its a good time too burn the gear as hard too beat watchen with a nice cold beer on a WINTERS DAY WATCHEN CRICKET.

MARK CC

at work

26th Nov 2008

jeff is like our other sporting hero wayne mc cullough he never knows when he is beat.with the interest rate down you would think the payments would be cheaper for taito to pay back jeff, say £5 A MONTH over the next year.maybe?or maybe euros as the rate is bad.i also heard rodney was out running on murlough i hope he is not looking for a transfer form again as he is an key player to the village club.

jeff maguire

never over til the fat lady sings.

26th Nov 2008

steven. it was but want too keep trying as if you seen way dundrum batted believe me even i can bowl at them ( apart from gavin) bowlling at rod is like bowling at boycott.lol. iwant too try & play bit of part but think they want me too COOK the book. be nice just too play couple more games even if was for the seconds or better still againest tayto at strangford road & lift the£.im working on CARLSBERG still do DREAMS.

Stephen Hughes

Working for the next 15 minutes...

26th Nov 2008

Jeff :

I thought those 3 overs in the cup you bowled to Johnny Hewitt last season where the final nails in the retirement coffin??!!

jeff maguire

always look on the bright side of life

26th Nov 2008

john, aint ever seen that film but did get 3 calls slagging me that was me & ted ,id be over the moon if i was that thin or had full head of hair. Theirs no doubt it was a bad way too end the season as think we all never expected it too be that close & wish it never had come down too the dreaded checking of the books(ask dickie we left our book under a BARBEQUE at shaws bridge for 4 hours). If theirs such a thing as FATE Saintfield will be back up next year & who knows hopefully Dundrum will get too play at the superb demense ground .ps rumour has it Dundrum are looking for Downpatricks SCORER .

John Wheeler

Saintfield CC

26th Nov 2008

Jeff Re picture on Saintfield website

Its from the film 'Life of Brian', at the end when they sing 'Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life' which I thought pretty apt after our appeal failed.

Roger Sinton

Mid Ulster

26th Nov 2008

RE S IRWIN

Connolly, Coburn and Shah will greatly help Derriaghy 2nd XI in 2:1

TONY

DUNMURRY

26th Nov 2008

STEPHEN IRWIN...

U NEED TO GET OUT MORE,WITH EDDIE WARD NOW
THE CAPTAIN OF DUNMURRY 3RDS.U MIGHT HAVE
TO SEEK OUT A NEW TEAM NEXT YEAR...

M COBURN

dunmurry

26th Nov 2008

mark coburn to return to derriaghy along with shah ansd connelly

ivan mc combe

muckamore

26th Nov 2008

Don't think Les will be sitting with his feet up.He has committed to play 2nds cricket next season in the tradition of Muckamore were we are expected to play back down through the teams again rather than the 1sts and out attitude of others.