Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

jeff maguire

Dundrum

16th Dec 2008

Jack Moreland ,Dundrum Cricket Club would like too pass on our condolences too the Moreland family circle.Jack was a a true gentleman on & off the pitch & was very proud off the fact that his son David & grandson Philip both played for Dundrum & then Downpatrick.

andy kennedy

not Buckna

15th Dec 2008

I see that no-one has bitten at David's posting about Cliftonville. Funny how I got a tirade last year from Mr. McChesney for making a comment about Greenislsnd! As the date for registering grounds has passed I assume that all will be revealed in due course.!!

ronnie mcalpine

dundrum

13th Dec 2008

only met jack in his twilight years but found him to be the perfect gentleman. my thoughts are with davy and the rest of the family R.I.P.

Stevie Max

Dundrum

12th Dec 2008

Uncle Jack - Jack Moreland of Clough who loved his cricket, played for years in the south Down area, namely Creighduff and Dundrum passed away last night. His son Davy and grandson Philip continue Jacks love of the game and are as enthuastic about the game as Jack was. If it wasn't for Jack and Davy in particular, I wouldn't be playing this wonderful game. Jack also had a lot of friends and family in NDCC as well as Dundrum and Downpatrick, and Dundrum CC wish to convey our sympathies. Goodbye Uncle Jack......

andy kennedy

not Buckna

12th Dec 2008

following on from Vic's posting - a Christmas tale - a young man asked a girl to marry him and she said "no" so the young man lived happily ever after playing golf, cricket, rugby and snooker and drinking pints with his mates!!!

Ken Thompson

Lurgan

9th Dec 2008

In reply to a recent posting on the Forum, Jonathan Bushe is back as Waringstown Captain and James Hall is his Vice-Captain.

Nigel Jones

A big loss!

8th Dec 2008

Warren Ferguson

To all that new the man he was a great guy & Cricketer. During my time with Cooke Collegians as their overseas player I was lucky enough to get to know & play along side a true gentleman. He was always very supportive of my Cricket and as a young lad that meant a lot! I wish to pass on my deepest sympathy to Warren’s family & all his friends at Cooke Collegians C.C. A big loss!

Jonesy

jeff maguire

Sad day!

6th Dec 2008

That is terrible news. Warren was one of the best blokes you could ever have the pleasure of playing againest & was a talented cricketer & always was entertaining after the game. Myself & all his friends at Dundrum CC send our sympathies to his family. rest in peace

Bryan Milford

Home

6th Dec 2008

I know players around Sections II and III of the NCU will be saddened to learn of the passing of Warren Ferguson from Cooke Collegians after a long illness. Warren who was only 43 years of age was a very talented cricketer who could have played in the top section but was a one- club man. All who knew him will agree that he was a true sportsman who had no time for any of the more unpleasant aspects of the game.

Our sympathies to his wife Jane and brother Brian.

Vic Jons

Sitting at home alone..

3rd Dec 2008

Re. A.Kennedy (not Buckna)!
Have to agree with an earlier posting by Andy regarding some of these modern men having to miss some cricket matches on a Saturday due to shopping or housekeeping commitments!
Years ago my wife once bemoaned and pleaded with me could I miss maybe one Saturday during the cricket season and take her out for the day, clearly this was out of the question and I told her so.
However she seemed a bit unhappy so to cheer her up I told her; "Don't fret darling, there are only two loves in my life, the first one is cricket, the second one is you dear".
I still play every Saturday and I wash my own whites, maybe I turned into one of those 'modern men'!!! better go I heard the door-bell...

Stevo

Lapland

2nd Dec 2008

Re Andy K

I have it from a good "source" on this one. Could get some movement on the ropey wickets up there...

andy kennedy

not Buckna

2nd Dec 2008

on the question of suspended players- to take a hypothetical example - suppose a player is suspended for the first four matches that his 1st XI plays and it was not that players intention to play for the 1st XI - is he "starred" for the 2nds at the start of the season or does he have to be "starred" at all? If he is starred then will he have to be "destarred" after 3 weeks as he won't have played any games. As I said earlier - this relates to a hypothetical situation that may arise. More questions than answers from the rules.
As for the posting about AC going to Ballymena - interesting lifestyle choice!!

David Somerville

Avoiding being Laid off!

2nd Dec 2008

RE CLIFTONVILLE

With all of this talk about Mckee moving can anyone confirm if Cliftonville will be competing next year or will they be folding??

Jeff

What rubbish

2nd Dec 2008

1 out of 3 ain't bad! Connell is moving to London (NDCC website), S Johnston - don't think there'd be any danger of him leaving Woodvale. As for McKee, he will obviosuly move somewhere and at a guess it'll be somewhere in Belfast. It's a wonder the mole and Brian Wlash haven't been on the blower!!!

peter h

bored at home in bangor

2nd Dec 2008

three early movers in the winter transfer market 4 you folks. P connell (n down) heading up the north west to chase the derry dollar and play for a rebuilding brigade side. G mckee (cliftonville) heading across belfast to join the champs elect csnz. S johnston (woodvale) following his father up the road to his new haunt carrick. Three interesting moves already. Any other goss on possible moves?