Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

des

lisburn

7th Jan 2009

Clubs can do what they want with their money.If they want to put it in youth development thats great.I know some clubs pay local players so how about this one.
Who would be the top 3 local players pound for pound in ncu

Wayne Horwood

Work

7th Jan 2009

James

I do not think anybody outside the committee of the clubs involved will have any idea of how much/how people are or are not being paid and what indeed they are being paid for.

I think to make assumptions that one club pays more than another etc is pure speculation. If clubs work hard to raise cash in tough times, feel it benefits them (each club can define benefits whatever way they want - trophies/youth development etc etc)then good luck.

Roll on the new season it has the makings of a good one!

Joe Bloggs

Not Ibrox - if this continues

7th Jan 2009

Taito,
Transfer News? Yeah, I got one.... Why on earth are Rangers selling a player who scored 20 goals so far this season?!?

taito

work

6th Jan 2009

jeff , we are starting early on the rubbish talking this year. Evryones head will be pickled.

On the hockey front, toughest played against probably ricky cox who played for the police years ago. played with?? again a lot of the down boys would be looking for that title but i think sinky white or the big gentleman himself gavin ringland might be up there for toughest (not dirtiest) as we would never be dirty on the pitch.

any more rumours of player transfers?

jeff maguire

Dundrum

6th Jan 2009

taito, ok we agreed last night if downpatrick wanted a switch we would help. so if not dirtiest, roughest& toughest?? im just tryn get bit craic going & only hockey players i know are willy quinn, alan gorden, dicky & willy price& the late great brian murray who was rather good at both sports.roll on april rumour has it that i might try umpire a game ( are you allowed too curse at players?)

taito

work

6th Jan 2009

jeff, cheers for the offer, its ok, dont need the game switched to a different date. we will all be there for that one

dirtierst hockey player i couldnt possibly name and shame them on a site like this, you would be surprised of my answer anyway. and no it isnt a tate.

James (No club affiliation)

Belfast

6th Jan 2009

Andy K
I thought I would respond to you on this channel as I don’t do the other one.
Clubs with the most dough in the NCU winning the trophies?
I don’t think Waringstown’s general success for the last few years has been built around a chequebook policy, nor North Down’s for that matter, although CSNI maybe spent a few quid last year. I don’t either of the first two have the wage bill that CIYMS, Inst or Carrickapparently have, and those clubs haven’t won anything.
Could it be coincidence that W’town and N Down have the two best playing pitches and their teams are made up of a core of local guys who have come through the ranks?

jeff maguire

happy new year.

6th Jan 2009

taito, you can email me at www.dont bet if you have no intention of paying up .com .taito what date do u want game switched & what date do you want as i personally think it wont be a problem has fair play too both Downpatrick & Saintfield as both agreed too help us with their grounds when we wheir flooded.( the meadow is getting first cut thursday) just goes too show that groundsmen work all year round.Have you lost or signed any players?Cant see us signing anyone but (EVERYONE WELCOME).ps who is the dirtiest hockey player you know &dont say that umpire dicky owens. pps someone sent a cheque too pay for me & Ted to go to a SCORERS COURSE in Dublin but think although we need too go the thought of over 5 EURO a pint means we will have too miss out.

Rodney Hassard

Dundrum

5th Jan 2009

Taito

Email me @ rodneyhassard@googlemail.com and I'll pass it on to Gavin.

R

taito

work

5th Jan 2009

jeff are you out there or rodney? do either of you have a contact number for gaving mcnerlin or could you give me one of your e-mail addresses? cheers

Neale Matthews

AVOIDING WORK

2nd Jan 2009

Great to see the Grasshoppers going ahead with their tour. My in-laws were in India at the time of the bombings, and you guys have no idea how much your decision to tour will mean over there. In a country where cricket is a religion, Waitey and Russler will be minor deities. There's a thought!
PS Around Delhi - try the butter chicken - not good for the waistline but your tastebuds will love you forever.

David Norman Vanburn Heaney

Home

2nd Jan 2009

Clarence/Peter
Happy New Year to you guys too. Great to see my ugly mug replaced on your home page!!!
Best Wishes also to the Grasshoppers on their tour.

Clarence Hiles

Base Camp

31st Dec 2008

Happy New Year to all our correspondents and thanks for your support during the past year.

Clarence and Peter

Gareth McCarter

Armagh

30th Dec 2008

Happy new year to all Ulster Cricketers, I wonder what 2009 might hold.

Stevie Max

Dundrum

23rd Dec 2008

I had the pleasure of playing cricket with Brian Murray in Dundrum. He was an absolute gentleman. He showed us 'young guns' of that period how to conduct ourselves on the cricket pitch. Even in his later years of playing cricket, he could still bowl 15 overs in a match and for very little runs. My sympathies to the Murray family too.