Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

Gareth McCarter

Armagh

27th Jan 2009

re. pros

I think that Jeff raises a very interesting point there about the credit crunch and professional players for 2009. While the majority of the talk on the forum has surrounded the rich Belfast clubs approaching all and sundry for their services, how different is the situation likely to be for the other clubs around the province?

There have already been a couple of high profile examples in the North West of clubs conceding that they simply cannot afford to hire an overseas player in 2009 due to the tightened financial times and I can only imagine that a lot of clubs in the NCU find themselves in a position where they have a very hard decision to make when balancing the pros of youth development and strengthening the team with the cons of financial management.

It may prove to turn out as a case of the haves versus the have nots in the upcoming months.

Stevo

Down

26th Jan 2009

Jeff

More signings and money exchanging hands in Belfast..CIYMS sign an Irish international as the cheque book remains open / CSNI sign Mc Kee from C Ville.

jeff

any L D CLUBS IN BELFAST?LOL

26th Jan 2009

danny. u havn any luck? my eway sat 2 placed & non runner, but im havn seconitis at moment.Vanburn mite like too let HIS HAIR DOWN ALITTLE TOO ?dont wee all? ive only ever been too 1 as unless free entry hate paying in LIVERPOOL is top place for craic & the racing is superb ladies day is a MUST GO TOO if you get a chance (tell you this hard too watch racing as the eye candy is best u ever see). but enuff said b4 the editor starts editing too find the cricket detail. wats yur view on the credit crunch think might be hard too fund pros this year & next?

Danny

Ladbrokes

26th Jan 2009

Re JEFF

What will Vanburn be thinking - gambling and lapdancing........ tut, tut!

jeff

cheltenham or aintree ??

26th Jan 2009

wayne , well dun was cracking price &very game winner. ill not say 2 much as VANBURN dont like horses on here. im not gn festival this year for ist time in 7 years as going AINTREE more craic & far cheaper in liverpool(2free lap dancing clubs)lol. do u go any race meetings ?ladies day aintree is sight for sore eyes winters day & all you see is mini skirts boob tubes & more tanned bodies than u see in spain, def worth a trip as gets u LIFTED for the up COMING cricket season.lol

Wayne Horwood

At the Races!

26th Jan 2009

Jeff - was on Joe Lively e/w so did a bit of roaring myself. Building up to Cheltenham!

andy kennedy

off the tractor

26th Jan 2009

think you missed my point Richard - the forum is certainly of value and can, on occasions, be of a certain "mischief" value. I simply say that there are some clubs whose players never post a view and I wonder if decisions are taken to "ignore" the forum.

jeff

not lively enuff 4 me

25th Jan 2009

wayne . that well known book marker ted mcnerlin roared joe lvely home( wee later found out his wife avril had 2 £ on it ) was 20 1 on betfair wen he made mistake at last . take it u bet it?

Wayne Horwood

Cheering on the toffee men

25th Jan 2009

Richard - easy solution if nothing of any worth is said on this forum...don't read it!!

Ps - hope the lads in Dundrum were on Joe Lively at Cheltenham yesterday.

Richard Jenkins

Home

24th Jan 2009

Andy Kennedy - Yes Andy you're right about the overkill from and about some clubs. But then there are very few who ever claim to speak FOR their club on the Forum! All generally prefix their comments with 'I'm not involved but......'and then go on to defend the club's position on everything under the sun whether it be the way they voted or the quality of their teas!
So really is anything they say of any worth? Like Reality Television, talk is cheap.

jeff

frosty dundrum

24th Jan 2009

tips. last week wasnt great so try again. eway lucky 15 MR NEW YORK, FIER NORMAND, DANSIMAR.TWO FORWARD . all over 10 1 so good luck.

Recently retired player

Belfast

23rd Jan 2009

Just wanted to say that CI are entitled to follow their own agenda....however it does surprise me that any clubs are still foolhardy enough to adopt their approach...there are numerous, disasterous Rugby and Cricket examples to draw from.

Remember guys eventually the money runs out or a sponsor gets dropped or disapears. In my experience, which is as much as anyones, "Hired Guns/Merceneries" soon show there true colours when this happens...

I do find it funny when I read about people moving for "cricketing reasons" by the way...priceless...!

I wonder what the stock player at CI really thinks every time he looks at the team sheets.

By the way, may I say sincere good luck to all the oldies at CI...I don't blame you, i'm sure there are many older players who would have jumped at your chance, had they been good enough...

andy kennedy

on the tractor in the snow

23rd Jan 2009

just been wondering - I've got too much time on my hands! - why the postings on the forum come from many sources but there are some clubs who never have a correspondent. Surely there are guys out there who must have an opinion but who never post a view. I ask myself is there a form of gagging ban imposed by some clubs?

Peter Shields

Comber

22nd Jan 2009

North Down CC Twenty20 Pre-Season Tournament Open Invitation

We intend hosting a pre-season Twenty20 competition at The Green on the weekend 18/19 April, following on from a very successful event last season.
Any clubs interested in taking part should drop me an email (info@premiersportsni.co.uk) and we’ll forward further information.
If enough teams are interested we could make it a two day event, or it could be played on the Saturday on both grounds. Let me know when you email what your preference would be.
Hopefully both the North West and Leinster Unions will be represented by at least one club…
Shieldsy

Michael Foster

January Transfer Window

22nd Jan 2009

Looks like the Ulster Grasshoppers Tour Party have let the cat out of the bag - Michael Turkington (Carrick) - somebody tell the other channel please so they can update their Grasshoppers profile on the Turk.

Enjoy the trip fellas.