Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

robin haire

ardmore academy

3rd Feb 2009

wayne - predictions

north down to win the league for the 9th time in the last 11 years

Gary Smyth

work

3rd Feb 2009

Stevo, I have no affiliation with CI myself, so can't comment on their scorer...but such comments by yourself, prove again my point about your opinions, totally worthless.
One, you can't even say who you are, secondly you have a bee in your bonnet about any club who show any signs of being forward thinking such as CI & CSNI.
Why do you care anyway? Sure you have no affiliation to any of the clubs you played for?! Did you get paid then as you weren't loyal to one club?!?

Stevo

Down

2nd Feb 2009

Re Gary..

I have played at few clubs but with no real affiliation to one or the other. Suffice to say I have played good Cricket and am amazed at whats happening at CI in the current economic climate...is the scorer on a pound per run also ?

James

Belfast

2nd Feb 2009

Re CI Alickadoo & Michael Baird
Payment/Signing
I think 99.9% of the local cricket fraternity will find it hard to believe that any of Cooper, Gelston, Heasley or Hewitt are not paid anything, either by the club or someone else, for playing, coaching or ‘expenses’!
Facilities
Of course CIYMS have a fantastic new clubhouse but ‘second to none facilities’. As a cricket venue, I certainly think Waringstown, CSNI and North Down (maybe even Bangor’s pitches, Downpatrick also) might have something to say about that. And before anyone mentions electronic scoreboard, so what? I don’t know where the fascination with these things lies? Not a lot of clubs should be spending 5-10k on this luxury ahead of their playing pitches…
Re Wayne
Couldn’t be more right about this summer, and of course the IPL in the spring will be good viewing also.

CI Alakadoo

Belmont

2nd Feb 2009

RE Paul

You seem to mention the word 'signings' - has it ever crossed your mind that these people are coming to CIYMS to play Section 1 cricket in a forward thinking club with second to none facilities.

Wayne Horwood

Belfast

2nd Feb 2009

Thinking of topics what an awesome summer of sport there is brewing up. The Ashes, Lions Tour, Wimbledon could be excellent again and Ireland play England at cricket. Locally the NCU is looking pretty interesting with the various moves between clubs. Any predictions?

James

Belfast

2nd Feb 2009

D Observer
No Problem - give me the topic and I'll give you an opinion!

Paul

work

2nd Feb 2009

I know that they are entitled to spend their money how they like but the rate at which they are signing these guys i just cant agree with it and wonder how there could be any stability at a club like that.

What happens when the younger players at the club reach 17,18 surely they will look at the guys in front of them and think they are better off somewhere were they might get some cricket.

And with all these supposed names coming is last years captain even guaranteed his place?

Gary Smyth

work

2nd Feb 2009

Re Stevo :

You never did tell us all what club you are affiliated with...

I am sure the lads at CI aren't losing a second of sleep over any of your comments, or for that matter Wayne at CSNI.

Stevo

Down

2nd Feb 2009

RE Michael...

Not so sure Michael, I reckon they are spending enough this year to relay a full square with international standard tracks !...wonder if they have considered that ??

Disinterested Observer

Work

2nd Feb 2009

Nearer £35k, especially if there's another one to add! Not Ralph surely?

By the way, who out of that lot is not getting paid? Who cares? If CI want to buy the league and have the money, good luck to them.

Can we please move on to discuss more important things!

Paul Marshall

Mid Ulster

1st Feb 2009

RE James

You have missed another CI pro for your list they have signed - any guesses as to who it may be?

Clue - they came here as a pro many years back, married and are now resident.

Michael Baird

East Belfast

1st Feb 2009

RE James and Stevo

Bearing in mind the mccrums arent playing at CI and 4 of the others arent getting paid I would guess you might have a bit of change out of £35k!

Stevo

Down

1st Feb 2009

James...
You'll never get a figure from an official source but I would estimate 25K plus ! Not the only club with deep pockets !

rodney hassard

Home

1st Feb 2009

Folks

Just to let you know dundrums website is back up and running after being hacked. Please pay a visit and contribute to the forum. Those of you who done so last year will testify to good humour that goes on in it.