Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

Cregagh CC

Cregagh

24th Sep 2012

On behalf of Cregagh CC we would like to thank Donaghadee CC for their hard work and effort in getting the game played yesterday as they were in a sort of similar position to Dundrum. A nothing game for the Dee but a huge game for us. Would have been easy just to call the game off but the strip and the outfield were a credit to you considering the summer we had!! Good luck next season lads.

Jeff Maguire

DUNDRUM FAV FOR RELEGATION EVERY YEAR BUT DONT BET AGAINEST US!!!!

24th Sep 2012

The truth is the umpires said it was up to Dundrum if game starts and after a brief discussion with the team (and yes there was a QUITE A few said very few other clubs would take the risk of getting relegated when they didnt have play) but common sense and the great game of cricket we all love was the winner . It left me with a few tears seeing capt Philip Mccormick have his team talk to his team on the square after they went down after a tough season for everyone but they are a fine club and id bet they come back up next year.The two Adair brothers are no doubt PREMIER all rounders and nice lads as well so im sure they will attract interest from quite a few. As for Dundrum we survived again and im sure we gained a fair bit respect for ensuring that we try play the game in the right spirit and even Cliftonville said fair play for working hard to get a fixture on that was severly in doubt all week. ps Ian Housten is a GENTLEMAN and deserves a massive thank you from all clubs

Richie Head

Holywood

23rd Sep 2012

Congratulations to Dundrum CC for getting their game played Vs Holywood. I had left a message before suggesting they may postpone the fixture (which was not posted) but credit to them. It would have been so easy for them to have the game void and save themselves. However they played and won!
What now for Holywood? 3 tier cricket surely will not interest Ross or Mark Adair - Premier League waits for them? And Phil McCormick must move to at least a section 1 club - Woodvale? Could be a long time back to section 1.

andy kennedy

balmy Buckna

23rd Sep 2012

commiserations to my colleagues on the result in Dublin - I am led to believe that it was a "damned close run thing"!

Neil Hunter

Sunny Belfast

22nd Sep 2012

Taito

Your point of view is of much interest and thought provoking and its good to get a perspective from outside your own clubs environment.

On a different note, I think there is a man who, without him, we all would be lost and that is Ian Houston, the umpires appointment secretary.

In what has been the wettest summer on record, how he has the willpower to keep sorting out umpires appointments is beyond belief. In my books he deserves a Knighthood.

taito

work on a saturday

22nd Sep 2012

Neil, Dont get me wrong your exactly right that the stats dont lie Lurgan have dominated section 1 the last few years. I just felt it was more of a team effort this year with runs and wickets being shared amongst the team rather than certain people standing out. I could be wrong because i havent seen the averages etc but i think last year you had better individual performances.

andy kennedy

balmy Buckna

21st Sep 2012

Greg Thompson moves to Waringstown and Kyle McCallen performs superbly on Sky TV - is there a retirement in the offing with a career as a pundit to follow?

Bruce Topping

Donaghcloney

21st Sep 2012

I was disappointed to see Laurelvale's match with Armagh now void due to a second postponement. Given that Laurelvale are pushing for promotion, it was very unlucky for Laurelvale that weather conditions earlier in the week in the Armagh area prevented the game going ahead and I hope that they have better luck this weekend.

JONATHAN LYTTLE

SCOREBOX

20th Sep 2012

Good luck to Alan Neill and NIACUS team as they cross border to play Leinster in Annual White Stick Trophy at Malahide on Saturday. Alan and the boys can hopefully regain some of our pride lost during recent matches and perhaps he can emulate PL O'Hara and his record although do not tell Paddy too much as his head may get even bigger!!!!

Stevie Max

Dundrum

20th Sep 2012

Michael,
Have I committed the cardinal sin? My apologies to all groundsmen... Anyway you catch my drift!

Michael Kennedy

Muckamore

20th Sep 2012

Stevie, you'll get the wrath of Patrick Lamont O'Hara come down on you referring to wickets in that sense.

Stevie Max

Dundrum

20th Sep 2012

Mid Ulster Cricketer
In Dundrum, we have the wickets cut and rolled, the ground has been cut. The covers are on and we are ready.

Jason Maxwell

Banford Green

20th Sep 2012

Mid Ulster Cricketer

Would be hard not to have a stevie hanna or bruce topping in a section 1 team of the year stevies been taking alot of wickets for very little runs for years and my big mate knoxy rarely goes for many ... but that must be a section 1 only side???

C.Boomer

Ireland under the cosh !

19th Sep 2012

Mid-ulster cricketer

That's a fair team you've chosen but the curiosity is getting the better of me !

I'm wondering if you're in the team and if so what player are you ?

JONATHAN LYTTLE

NIACUS

19th Sep 2012

The debate on the forum in relation to Umpires has been quite interesting recently and the NIACUS Chairman Alan Neill would like those who are interested in taking part in training courses to contact him or Ian Houston as we are anxious to boost our membership and fill the void with a number of our colleagues retiring from the game over the past few years. We have all been used to seeing the familar faces each season but like everything else time changes our lives and we have found it difficult as our members hang up their white coats. Alan and our Training team deliver an excellent course and it would be of immense benefit to all if you would consider attending. If interested please contact Alan or Ian Houston. NIACUS are proud of our umpires and scorers and the appointment of Mark Hawthorne and Richard Smith to the Under 19 World Cup provides evidence that you could follow in their footsteps and be umpiring the stars of today and tomorrow in a matter of a few years so why not come along and join us?