Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

jeff

tayto might have ground available ?

12th Sep 2012

yes premier select (no pros)yes possibly but id say you might get it in if weather stays way it is but possibly next april be another option it be great way for premier clubs get look at some excellent players in section one that DEFINITLY could play in premier . ps id say if strangford road was asked they would host this game and great bar facilities and possible get good wicket even at this late date artifical as back up

jeff maguire

FORECAST GREAT FOR WEEKEND

12th Sep 2012

Anyone think 40 over game sun 30 sept between premier and section one worth A TRY FOR CHARITY ? or start next season ?

Response

Is that a Premier League Select Jeff?
Most groundsmen will have their plots put to bed by then I would think.

Jeff Maguire

dundrum

12th Sep 2012

My section one team is

1 S Johnston Woodvale
2 J Van De Merve Muckamore
3 A Nixon Bangor
4 C Lewis Derriaghy
5 J Magowan Downpatrick wicket keeper
6 C Robinson Woodvale
7 M Adair Holywood
8 D Munn Cliftonville
9 J Maguire Dundrum
10 S Bunting Woodvale
11 N Gill Muckamore captain

my 4 subs that very unlucky not to make my line up
C Burns Bangor
J Wheeler Downpatrick (most improved bowler)
P Mccormick Holywood
L Connor Dundrum

scorer Keith Downpatrick

I would be very interested in arranging a game between premier and section one as fund raiser for any charity play at comber or downpatrick and ill get cup sponsered could be pre season any thoughts ?

Wylie McKinty

Work

12th Sep 2012

I see Cricket Ireland are not exactly encouraging club cricketers to attend their inaugural awards ceremony.
120 Euros per person!!
Maybe they only want Corporate clients or Celebrities to attend. Cricket Ireland really have lost touch with reality.
It makes the cost of attending the NCU Dinner seem like the bargain of the year at £27.50.

taito

Belfast

11th Sep 2012

Section 1 team of the year:

S Johnston (Woodvale)
J Van der Merwe (muckamore)
J Magowan (Downpatrick)
C Lewis (Derriaghy)
P McCormick (Hollywood)
D Munn (Cliftonville)
G Ringland (Downpatrick)
P Robinson (Woodvale)
N Gill (Muckamore)
S Bunting (Woodvale)
J Wheeler (Downpatrick)

Maybe a bit heavy on the Downpatrick men and no lurgan players... maybe a bit contraversial since they won the league.

Gareth Dempster

bored in work

11th Sep 2012

Section one Team of the Year....not inc Pro's.

1. S. Johnston (woodvale)
2. J van der Merwe (muckamore)
3. C. Lewis (derriaghy)
4. J. Magowan (downpatrick)
5. P. Robinson (woodvale)
6. D. Munn (cliftonville)
7. P. Tate (downpatrick) (wk)
8. R. Adair (holywood)
9. S. Bunting (woodvale)
10. N. Gill (muckamore)(c)
11. G. McNerlin (dundrum)

David

NCU Stats Dept

11th Sep 2012

Premier League :

1. R. McCann +
2. N. Jones
3. R. Haire
4. J. Shannon
5. K. McCallan
6. P. Eakin
7. D. Simpson
8. E. Moeleon
9. Z. Rushe
10. G. Kidd
11. S. Hughes

Picking Rory McCann as wicketkeeper pushes Chris Dougherty out, and it was a toss up between David Simpson and Taimur Kahn at number 7.

Can't pick a captain as 6 PL captains and the Ireland A skipper!!

taito

belfast

11th Sep 2012

with the season pretty much over what is everyones Premier League and or Senior 1 team of the year??

andy kennedy

Buckna

10th Sep 2012

Wylie - I appreciate the problems that League secretaries encounter - I was involved with the Divisional Committee some years ago - but I felt that to void a game in the particular circumstances was a bit harsh. Is there no facility for discretion anymore?

Wylie McKinty

Work

10th Sep 2012

Andy
The league secretary should always be informed of the date of rearranged matches.
If clubs agree between themselves the date for a rearranged game and don’t inform their league secretary then problems arise. Say if on the day of their rearranged match the rain comes (as it has done this year regularly) and they decide to put it off until another day and then another day and so on, then they could effectively have more than the permitted 2/3 goes allowed at playing the game thus gaining an unfair advantage over other teams who stick to the rules regarding rearranged games.
It also means the league secretary has no knowledge of how many attempts have been made to play the game. Being a league secretary is hard enough even without all this sort of thing going on. My whole Sunday evening yesterday was taken up with trying to get teams in Section 2 and Junior 3 to agree dates to play rearranged games until the end of September. Some want to play and some don’t. Others just continually ignore emails and texts.

jason mccullough

Ards

9th Sep 2012

As life member of north down I would like to congratulate the church of ireland young men's society on winning the premier league. As I don't watch cricket on the sabbath I would like to extend best wishes to Jack and Mrs McCullough.

andy kennedy

bar-b-q time in Buckna

8th Sep 2012

no doubt I'll be accused of "slagging off" but I was scrolling down the "Junior League" section of the NCU site and I was surprised to see that a game in Junior 4 was "voided" because the "League Secretary had not been advised of the rearrangment"! In view of the limited amount of cricket played this summer am I alone in thinking that this is petty bureaucracy getting in the way of cricket being played? I know therer are Rules and I understand - sometimes - the thinking behind them but should common sense not prevail? So two sides agree a rearrangement (I understand that the game was rearranged from the Saturday to the next Tuesday i.e. 3 days later) and play a match where both sides agree the result. I thought we had moved away from the days of games being decided other than on the field! Page 180 - NCU General Rules 1 (b) "the object of the Union shall be to promote --, etc."

billy adams

off sales

7th Sep 2012

scotty hope all is well keep drinking the red wine

matthew

ecb rules

7th Sep 2012

andy leave the power plays at county and international level why do we need them we are not pros but weekend players the people in ncu positions need a reality check

The Treasurer

The Vault

7th Sep 2012

I'd say thats a resounding no DMcC