Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

andy kennedy

bucketing in Buckna

23rd Aug 2012

congratulations to the PSNI on reaching the semi-final of the PAA competition following their win over City of London Police. Good to see at least one aul' hand still enjoying it!

Michael Shannon

Holywood

23rd Aug 2012

Good luck to Instonians under 11 in tomorrow nights league final - it would be nice to see a club who actually encourage their young players to play win the trophy !

jason mccullough

Ards

22nd Aug 2012

Thanks dave. I didn't think with you being 3rd in command Mr Poots would give you time for internet.

David McCracken

belfast

22nd Aug 2012

Hi Jason glad to see you've got internet, that should make life easier. Thanks for your support and encouragement over the years from all at CI 4s

jason mccullough

Ards

22nd Aug 2012

That is a very kind offer. Now that i am connected to the worldwideweb i will be able to keep an eye on fixtures. I hope to come down some saturday God willing.

jason mccullough

Ards

22nd Aug 2012

Re ci man. Thank you for your kind words. I was at the junior cup final with the Reverand Wray and had a nice welcome from Jack and Mrs Mccullough

CI Man

Belmont

22nd Aug 2012

Re: Jason

Thank you for your kind words Jason - you are always more than welcome at Belmont and to enjoy the teas with us - we have a new sandwich supplier and hope to see you soon to come and sample before the end of the season.

God bless

jason mccullough

Ards

22nd Aug 2012

I would like to congratulate the church of ireland young men's society 3rd xi on their minor qualifying cup win and also on their 4th xi on winning junior league 8. I have enjoyed the kind hospitality shown by the club and their teas on several occasions this season.

Ryan Haire

Comber

21st Aug 2012

Just wanted to publically thank Neale Matthews for his dedication and organisation of the Graham Cup this year. In a season of rain Neale stuck to the task and an excellent Waringstown team beat a spirited North Down in the final on Monday evening at the Green. Hopefully all the boys enjoyed the experience and many continue to progress to bigger and better things.

Roy Young

At Newtownards

18th Aug 2012

NUC Minor Qualifying Cup
Well done to Holywood 3rd XI for a fine victory over their rivals Armagh.
I didnt see the game, just followed on "Twitter" - but I would like congratulate the decision to give the Man of the Match to a young player in Thomas Anderson. 3 wicket and well deserved - easy way out could have been the efforts of Davy Johnson, 2 wkts and 40odd not out.
Well done to the NCU judge of MOTM in making a young lads cup final experience even better!

Ronnie Balfour

Newtownards

15th Aug 2012

Just wanted to pass on my thanks to Nigel Jones and his willing helpers, Rory McCann and Greg Thompson, for delivering the excellent 'Play Smart' training workshops at Downpatrick last week. The kids (and coaches) who attended the sessions found them very informative and beneficial - the excellent sunny weather (for a change) was also welcome. Thanks also to the folks at Downpatrick for hosting the sessions.

Hopefully there will be other sessions held in the future.

Ronnie Balfour Ards CC

Neale Matthews

Portadown

14th Aug 2012

Due to a waterlogged pitch at Carrick the final has been switched to the Lawn with a 2pm start.

Club Official

Cricket Headquarters

13th Aug 2012

Could anyone tell me how the North under 11 team was picked and by whom ?One young player on our team has returned figures of 8 for 6 and 5 for 1 but didn't get asked !!One wonders what he needed to do in order to get on !
I also see that the Warinstown that won the Quoile cup only have 1 player on it - is it a case of whoever shouts loudest ?

andy kennedy

feet up in Buckna

13th Aug 2012

don't be too amazed Paul. As I have said on many occasions, I speak for, or on behalf of, no-one but myself. Nowhere have I ever purported to speak on behalf of Muckamore, NIACUS or any other organisation of which I am a member. I am exercising something that members of my family fought for in two World Wars and conflicts since - free speech. Perhaps Paul would point out where I have made any critiscm of any club or individual player.

David Edwards

Too close to Lisburn

13th Aug 2012

So it is an observation plucked out of thin air then given that you yourself are wondering how many have contributed to player development. Not only that but you'll find that there are other competitions beyond the Senior Cup in which many more than 40 overseas players have played. I can think of many at Derriaghy, all of whom have coached. Whilst I admire Cecil Walker the quotation remains the opinion of one man only. If you wanted to quote statistics then we could always look at the number of players born on the island of Ireland that have county contracts but even I would consider that to be skewed from normality because of various economic factors.