Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

JONATHAN LYTTLE

NIACUS

3rd Oct 2012

The NIACUS AGM will take place on Thursday 11th October 2012 at 7.30pm at Stormont.

Stuart McClelland

The Vale

3rd Oct 2012

I would like to start with passing on my sympathy to the Mills and wider Drumaness family on the passing of Davy. Thoughts are with you at this difficult times, and a big congratulations on staying up. One of the nicest bunch of lads to play against and always sit down for a beer after the match. Will miss that next year.

I would also like to thank Millpark esp Charlie McCrum on fullfilling our league fizture on the last day of the season to give us the opportunity to go up. Charlie has been a local favourite whereever he has played and a true professional of the game.

After reading Mr Littles comment I am not surprised one bit by it, any chance to get a dig at Laurelvale he takes. dosent show alot of profesionalism in my book. I have to say that on their day without a doubt Cooke are one of the best teams in the divison if not the best. Great bunch of lads and always great and hard cricket played between us. I will miss sitting down with the lads and having a beer and bit of banter after the games. Never a bad word said and everything is left on the pitch no matter how bad it gets. The way cricket should be played. But for Templepatrik and ourselves to finish top last year and get no reward was a bitter pill to swallow. It shows real consistency to finish top two years in a row.

Will look forward to the new challenge next year in Section 1.

Buggy - Cooke Collegians Fan.

Belfast

3rd Oct 2012

Simon, congratulations to all at Laurelvale for a great season. You're quite correct, the league table doesn't lie and after 18 games its plain to see that you guys are a better side than CCCC. This year at least!

Might I take this opportunity to apologise on behalf of my club for Jonathan's outburst, which smacks entirely of sour grapes, and wish you all the best next year. I'm sure you'll more than hold your own.

Buggy.

jonathan lyttle

The Cowshed

3rd Oct 2012

I would like to express my sympathy to all of the boys at Drumaness upon the death of Davy Mills. He was a great player at the Ports and I have fond memories of him in the teams that won the Gibson Cup in 90 and 91. He was so popular with supporters and will be sadly missed by all who had the pleasure of watching him on the field and knowing him off it.

Simon Hughes

The vale

3rd Oct 2012

Dear Johnathan
Interesting read as usual!!! I have no problem with that Cooke Collegians have the best SATURDAY team in section 2 and on their would give a game to anyone in section1. But the league is over 18 games fact! League tables don't lie FACT! L'vale also never play Cooke with a full strength side either and it's not like L'vale were blown off the park! Also Cooke had chances to but to put us right out of the picture!

Let me and my teammates worry about how we conduct ourselves in Section 1. We will do what we always do play hard to the end and then sit down for a beer with our opponents afterwards

If u want to talk about professionalism of supporters 'we can talk about in 2 yrs' was that now the comment went????

P.S. this post has nothing against Cooke players or supporters. You all know who I am and the spirit in which I play the game

Jason Maxwell

Banford Green

3rd Oct 2012

Would just like to echo the thoughts on davy mills only had the chance to play against him a few times but the fact that he played against us on Saturday and that he stood winding me and davy glover up and craicing away with us before we left the drumaness bar on Saturday evening made the news we got on Sunday even more unbelievable, thoughts go out to the mills family and to everyone at drumaness cc from myself and everyone at millpark

Stephen Burrell

Clubhouse

3rd Oct 2012

Stephen Burrell (@step047)

30/09/2012 14:46
@LaurelvaleCC @tpatrickcc congrats to you both. League tables don't lie. Top of league 2 yrs in a row = top teams #ncus2 #ncujc

jonathan lyttle

Closing the scorebox down for winter

3rd Oct 2012

Am rather disappointed not to go up to Section One as my club was not give a chance at beginning of season. With a full side we were ahead of all in our league. However the consulation of winning the Junior Cup for the second year in a row is enough for us and we will be challenging in 2013. We defeated Laurelvale 3 times and twice with an understrength side. I think that they will be relegation candidates from Day One and both they and Templepatrick need an injection of professional support to have any chance of remaining in Section One. I would like to congratulate Portadown for the effort to play without a home ground and express my surprise at Saintfield going down as they were a reasonable side with some good players. Hopefully both teams will bounce back in 2013.

andy kennedy

guttery Buckna

3rd Oct 2012

looks like "Matthew in Florida" has a detailed knowledge of local cricket! "Do you play Michael?". How many years is it now Michael between Ballymena, North Maidenhead & Muckamore?! I too have some reservations about D/L in Junior cricket. Without umpires the D/L system is open to "manipulation" such as slowing down play to protect a par score, etc. I know that the idealists will say that wouldn't happen but realists like myself will see the problems.

Jeff Maguire

RIP MILLSY

2nd Oct 2012

Our prayers go out to the family circle of former Dundrum cc player Davy Mills and also all his team mates at Drumaness cc and everyone that new this county down sporting LEGEND will no how competitive him and his brother Alan were and top class blokes of the pitch .

matthew

florida sunshine

2nd Oct 2012

michael watching some of the premier league this year it is like watching village as well do you play or are you a critic if you think that then let the ncu muck about with the premier and leave the rest to the villagers

Billy Price

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

2nd Oct 2012

Tragic news about David Mills, I'm sure we all extend our sincere condolences to Alan and everyone associated with Drumaness CC and Mills FC

taito

belfast

1st Oct 2012

I just wanted to pass on my thoughts to the mills family and all at drumaness cricket club following the sad passing away of davy mills. Thoughts and prayers with you all at the this sad time.

Richard

watching the golf

29th Sep 2012

A big well done to my team mates at drumaness today on securing their status in section 2 for next season after beating millpark in an entertaining game. For a small club like ours to compete year in year out in this section is a great achievement from our players. Also would like to thank millpark for reversing todays fixture in what has been a rain affected season its great to have such co-operation and good will between clubs. Finally i hope the rain stays away for tomorrow so Saintfield have the chance to play themselves out of trouble dont want to see any1 go down on the back of a void game

Michael Kennedy

Muckamore

28th Sep 2012

I don't see how DL in junior one is crazy. All the clubs in that league have DL set up for their First XI's anyways, and having operated the software myself it's childs play. Personally I think it's a step in the right direction, and having witnessed the schools cup final at Moylena this year, i'd not be surprised if more cup competitions follow.

It's unfair to single clubs out for facilities or lack of, there are ground requirements published by the NCU and there is a process for marking against that. If clubs don't come up to scratch, surely there is a process to get them up to it. Not all clubs are blessed with top class facilities, and lets face it, below premier league we basically play village cricket on a shoe string budget.