Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

Cricketing legend bob young

Belfast

11th Apr 2013

Regarding section one predictions.

1. Woodvale
2. Carrick
3. Downpatrick
4. Muckamore
5. Derriaghy
6. Cliftonville
7. Laurelvale
8. Donaghcloney
9. Dundrum
10. Templepatrick

Voltaire

Paris

10th Apr 2013

Re - Gareth Evans

If you believe all the Hype about Thatcher, you'll probably agree that she was a shining light in the 'free world' and a foundation stone for democracy - that includes 'Free Speech' the last time i looked

"I disagree agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"

Gareth Evans

Home

10th Apr 2013

I see John Mooney has publicly shown his true colours with his pathetic, bigoted rant about Margaret Thatcher's death. For once there is no need to use the word "allegedly" as he is "hoist by his own petard". That's a little bit of Shakespeare, John in case you don't know.

Andy McCrea

The Cloughan

10th Apr 2013

Re - Section 1

In the last few posts Templepatrick CC have gone from 10th to 8th to 7th in the league.

Looks like we are progressing nicely and the league hasnt even kicked off yet !!!!!

Hope we don't peak too early tomorrow then !!!

We are really looking forward to the challenge guys.

Hope you all enjoy the season.

regards
Andy

Jimmy

Antrim

10th Apr 2013

Re taito

1. Carrick
2 downpatrick
3. Woodvale
4. Muckamore
5. Derriaghy
6. Donaghcloney
7. templepatrick
8. Cliftonville
9. Dundrum
10. Laurelvale

Big Ray

Belfast

9th Apr 2013

Re taito

Ill give you my predictions although it will be a tough season as I believe all the teams are strong

1. Carrick
2. Woodvale
3. Muckamore
4. Downpatrick
5. Derriaghy
6. Cliftonville
7. Templepatrick
8. Dundrum
9. Donaghcloney
10. Laurelvale

Bruce Topping

Donaghcloney

9th Apr 2013

I am not one for predictions but it does look like an interesting league with Carrick looking particularly strong.I am looing forward to playing against my old club Laurelvale and Templepatrick having never played against them before.

andy kennedy

bar-b-q time in Buckna

8th Apr 2013

Really interesting to see the bigoted ranting of John Mooney following the death of Margaret Thatcher. I await with interest to see if Cricket Ireland, that has done so much to take the game forward throughout Ireland both North & South, takes any action.

taito

belfast

8th Apr 2013

section 1 from me..
1. Downpatrick (i have to)
2. Carrick
3. Muckamore
4. Woodvale
5. Derriaghy
6. Donachgloney
7. Cliftonville
8.Templepatrick
9. Dundrum
10. Laurelvale

As always it will be a very tight and competetive league and i am sure i am nowhere near right, anyone can beat anyone in this league for sure on their day as the last few seasons have shown.

Cricketing genius

Lords

8th Apr 2013

Re taito

My predictions for section 1 for what it's worth

1. Carrick
2. Woodvale
3. Derriaghy
4. Muckamore
5. Downpatrick
6. Dundrum
7. Donaghcloney
8. Cliftonville
9. Laurelvale
10. Templepatrick

taito

work

8th Apr 2013

True jason but i know nothing about the teams in the other leagues so couldnt predict them myself.

Jason Maxwell

Banford Green

8th Apr 2013

there are other leagues too taito!!!

taito

belfast

3rd Apr 2013

That time of the year again.. any predictions for the PL and Section 1?

Murray Power

Sunny Belfast

2nd Apr 2013

SCORING COURSE - BELFAST

There are still a few places available on the Introductory Scoring Course being held at Stormont on Sunday 14 April. It's equally suitable for experienced scorers who want to brush up their technique and novices who know a bit about cricket but who haven't previously scored regularly. Anyone interested who hasn't already registered should email me at emp@murraypower.plus.com.

Andy McCrea

Templepatrick CC

25th Mar 2013

Places still left on the Introductory Coaching Course below

After 2 successful courses in the last 2 years, Templepatrick Cricket Club in conjunction with Cricket Ireland are running an Introduction to Cricket Coaching Course at their ground (The Cloughan, Doagh Road, Ballyclare) on Tuesday 23rd April from 5.30pm till 9pm

This course will allow you to work with young players on introducing basic cricket skills to them and provide you with a range of games that can be used with players to further develop their cricket experience.

This course is a good starter for those people with limited cricket experience or limited experience in working with young players and allow you to assist other qualified coaches.

The cost of the course is �10

Participants however are required to attend all components of the course in order to receive a certificate of participation.

Cricket Ireland are hugely grateful for ICC Europe�s support to the courses, and also to the support of Templepatrick Cricket Club for facilitating these hugely important courses as Cricket continues to grow exponentially at many levels throughout the country.
The course will be outdoors and is therefore weather dependant.
If the weather is unkind to us on that evening the back up date is Tuesday 30th April from 5.30pm till 9pm

Please get in touch with Andy McCrea if you are interested on mccrea.a@sky.com