Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

Henry

Belfast

18th Apr 2013

Woodvale
Carrickfergus
Downpatrick
Muckamore
Derriaghy
Templepatrick
Donaghcloney
Laurelvale
Cliftonville
Dundrum

Charl Daubney

South Africa

18th Apr 2013

1. Derriaghy
2. Carrick
3. Downpatrick
4. Muckamore
5. Woodvale
6. Cliftonville
7. Dundrum
8. Donaghcloney
9. Laurevale
10. Templepatrick

Andy McCrea

Templepatrick CC

18th Apr 2013

RE - Girls and Ladies Cricket

Templepatrick CC are keen to field female teams in the following 3 age groups.

Can anyone out there provide opposition ?

Under 11s
11 - 16
Over 16 including ladies

Please get in touch with me on mccrea.a@sky.com

regards and best wishes to all for the new season

Andy

Andy McCrea

Templepatrick CC

18th Apr 2013

Still a couple of spaces left on the Introduction to Cricket Coaching Course.

Details are......
Templepatrick Cricket Club in conjunction with Cricket Ireland are running an Introduction to Cricket Coaching Course at their ground (The Cloughan, Doagh Road, Ballyclare) on Tuesday 23rd April from 5.30pm till 9pm

This course will allow you to work with young players on introducing basic cricket skills to them and provide you with a range of games that can be used with players to further develop their cricket experience.

This course is a good starter for those people with limited cricket experience or limited experience in working with young players and allow you to assist other qualified coaches.

The cost of the course is £10

The course will be outdoors and is therefore weather dependant.
If the weather is unkind to us on that evening the back up date is Tuesday 30th April from 5.30pm till 9pm

Please get in touch with me if you are interested on mccrea.a@sky.com

Neil Hunter

A wet and windy Belfast

17th Apr 2013

Cannot wait for the sun to arrive and the season to begin.

In terms of watering, Pollock Park resembled a lake at noon today so we will not need to get the hose out for a while.

The wicket is cut and rolling has begun for next Saturday's game but we need the sun and 3 or 4 warm dry days to get things really sorted.

I just hope we get a better summer than last year as it makes life as a groundsman so much easier when we have decent weather.

Roll on the sun and the need to get the hose out!!

Ryan Haire

Comber

17th Apr 2013

Andy k - if I told you that the square at Comber has already been watered would you believe me #sponge

Neil

Belfast

17th Apr 2013

Re: The Predictor

The 20/20 game between Saintfield & Drumaness this Sunday will determine who is relegated to Section 3.

Saintfield lose = Relagated
Saintfield Win = BISC Relegated
Match called off = Saintfield Relegated

This match was due to be played the last game of last season, but due to a Bereavement within the Drumaness Club the League decided it best that this game be played 1 week before new season starts.

Graham

East Belfast

17th Apr 2013

That's better Colin East Antrim cetainly is a bit different from East Belfast!!!

Once again people hiding behind funny names and not declaring exactly where they are from can only lead to confusion.

Remember now its Cregagh and good luck to you too.

On another matter Happy Birthday from all of us at Cregagh Cricket Club to Ossie Bailie I have put something in the post for you as a wee birthday present which I hope you get.

Many happy returns

Clarence Hiles

HQ

17th Apr 2013

I fall into the other category Andy and would like to pass on our best wishes to Ossie Bailie as well. He is an Ulster sports icon and a legend at Ballymena Cricket Club and we certainly hope he successfully manages the nineties and converts it into a century.
His birthday got me thinking about how many former cricketers in their nineties are still around? I think Stuart Pollock is our oldest surviving Ireland player but how many old cricketers are still with us?
Time will not age them.

andy kennedy

bucketing in Buckna

17th Apr 2013

on a more sensible note - I have just learned that veteran cricketer Ossie Bailie will be celebrating his 90th birthday on this coming Saturday 20th. I'm sure that the name means little to younger guys but for men of "a certain age" he is indeed an all-round sporting legend and we wish him many happy returns of Saturday.

andy kennedy

Buckna

17th Apr 2013

There is still a bit of snow lying about up here and when I see the condition of the grass I was wondering how the various grounds have fared. Must be a nightmare for ground staff.

Colin

East Antrim

16th Apr 2013

Sorry Graeme, I will try to spell Creagh correct in the future. Either way, I still think they will finish bottom of the league...
FTR...I am not from that East, there is more to NI than just Belfast you know.
Good luck!

C.Boomer

Home

16th Apr 2013

Re Stephen Hughes :

I already have Hughes car insurance and have done for the past couple of years, (very competitive I must say), am thinking of renewing again with same company, although I haven't came across anything in the small-print to date about being a professional cricketer !

If I declare this, will my premium be reduced further?

Stephen Hughes

Work

16th Apr 2013

Car insurance available for your overseas professionals. If you require a quotation, please ring me on 07793490157 or Email me.

andy kennedy

little to do in Buckna!!

16th Apr 2013

Graham - fyi The Creagh is a townland between Randalstown & Ballymena in the Slatt area. There wouldn't be enough to make up a six-a-side team never mind the First Division!!!