Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

Stan

The home of cricket

16th Apr 2013

Section 1

Carrickfergus
Woodvale
Downpatrick
Muckamore
Derriaghy
Cliftonville
Laurelvale
Donaghcloney
Templepatrick
Dundrum

Graham

Creagh (sorry he has me at it now) Cregagh

16th Apr 2013

Colin if you are from the East I'm a banana!!

Its Cregagh not Creagh. I would suspect someone from the East to be able to spell an area in the East!!

Colin

East

15th Apr 2013

I have to agree with Paddy P - quite obvious that "The Predictor" is from Holywood CC as from what I hear, they will struggle this year. My thoughts are:

Premier league
CIYMS
CSNI
Warringstown
North Down
Instonians
Lisburn
Lurgan
Ballymena

Section 1
Carrick
Downpatrick
Cliftonville
Muckamore
Woodvale
Templepatrick
Derriaghy
Dundrum
Laurelvale
Donaghcloney

Section 2
Bangor
CookeCol
Academy
Armagh
Millpark
Larne
Holywood
Saintfield
Drumaness
Creagh

Section 3
Portadown
PSNI
Ards
BISC
Dungannon
Donaghadee
Victoria
Dunmurry

Paddy P.

CIYMS

12th Apr 2013

I think "The Predictor" must be from Holywood. LOL !!

Probably an accomplice of "The Chancellor"

John stevenson

Belfast

12th Apr 2013

League predictions

On paper there is no doubt that waringstown start the league as favourites with their off season additions and the return of pienaar.
Changes at ci might mean they take a while to bed in, but that was proved not to be the case last year.
Never rule out n down, who start with 4 home matches - momentum could be key.
As for inst - I'll let others talk about us (or not as the case may be).

I, personally can't see any other team win consistently enough to win the league outside of this group, particularly in an eight team league where a few defeats will rule you out. Feel free to prove me wrong though. Genuinely believe that any team can beat anyone on any given day

David

The Vale

12th Apr 2013

Re Billy Lester

Obviously the 2 people who say we will stay up don't count! Anyway, we have fought hard for the past 2 years to return to section 1, looking to test ourselves at as high a level as we can and we will give it our best shot!

Posts like yours just make us more determined to prove people like yourself wrong! We are under no illusions as to how competitive the league will be but we are not going up just to make up the numbers!!

Maybe if your own club had shown the same desire you could have been the ones in the section1 predictions!!

Alan C

Bank and shoe shop land

12th Apr 2013

Predictor.
Drumaness have to play Saintfield on Sunday 21st April 2013. If Saintfield win BISC will be relegated to sect 3.
I think

andy kennedy

Buckna

12th Apr 2013

Bryan - "many a slip between cup & lip". I was simply highlighting that there are amendments for this season. I think it is fair to say that from my limited experience the majority of players and not a few captains are unaware of some of the details of the playing regs.e.g a captain asking how long he had to bowl 50 overs!

The Predictor

Belfast

12th Apr 2013

Predictions

Premier league

Warringstown
CSNI
North Down
CIYMS
Instonians
Ballymena
Lisburn
Lurgan

Section 1

Carrickfergus
Muckamore
Downpatrick
Woodvale
Derriaghy
Cliftonville
Dundrum
Donaghcloney
Laurelvale
Templepatrick

Section 2

Holywood
Bangor
Millpark
Academy
Armagh
Cooke
Saintfield (whats up with them and Bisc anyway?)
Larne
Creagh
Drumaness

Section 3

Bisc
Portadown
Victoria
Donaghadee
Dunmurray
Ards
Dungannon
PSNI

Anyone else got any league prediction / guesses

Jackie

Greater Belfast

12th Apr 2013

1. Downpatrick
2 Carrickfergus
3. Muckamore
4. Woodvale
5. Cliftonville
6. Derriaghy
7. Donaghcloney
8. Dundrum
9. Templepatrick
10. Laurelvale

Bryan Milford

NCU Office

11th Apr 2013

Andy

No need to wait until 17 April to see the amended bye-laws. They were circulated to clubs some weeks ago, they have been forwarded to NIACUS and they are on the Union's website.

andy kennedy

thawing in Buckna

11th Apr 2013

as someone born in 1982 Mooney obviously has a detailed personal knowledge of the Thatcher era!! I supposed we should be lucky that Cromwell wasn't brought into the discussion! On a more serious subject, it was announced that the NCU handbook will be available on Wed 17th. I understand that there have been some amendments to the playing regulations so it is in everyone's (especially captains') interest to get their hands on a copy

GARETH EVANS

Belfast

11th Apr 2013

Re. Voltaire
Mooney's tweet was a gross abuse of 'free speech', as anyone with a modicum of wit/decency would realise.

P.S. Hiding behind a sudename is laughable.

Billy Lester

Armagh

11th Apr 2013

Good to see everyone thinks lauralvale will get relegated! Dortbords!

James Vincent

Thailand

11th Apr 2013

I would like to wish all teams the very best for the coming season.