Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

Michael Irwin

Belfast

1st Mar 2014

Woodvale 1st XI are looking to play a pre season friendly on the 12/4/13. Please email michael_irwin88@yahoo.co.uk if interested.
Cheers

andy kennedy

baltic in Buckna

28th Feb 2014

England come up short again - was watching with grandson Jack and pontificating my mantra about a batting side doubling it's score from 30 overs and saying that the Windies would struggle to get 170. Unbelievable bowling by England and a batting collapse to boot! Great batting by Lumb but as for the rest? And no Mitchel Johnston in sight!

Matty Jennings

Derriaghy

27th Feb 2014

Goofer,

Derriaghy CC are interested in a friendly at The Rectory on Saturday 12th April. Drop me an email derriaghycc1@hotmail.co.uk and we can sort something out.

Matty

goofer

londonderry rectory field...............

26th Feb 2014

Any championship clubs looking a friendly on 12th april were free for a game in londonderry..........

andy kennedy

Buckna

21st Feb 2014

Sorry to learn of the death of Herbie Martin- another Lisburn legend. I remember as a wee lad watching that great team in the company of the Wisemans - the Cullybackey connection - from the cycle track as we couldn't afford the admission! Another loss at Wallace Park

Ryan

Down

20th Feb 2014

Great t20 win by Ireland against the Windies! Hopefully will get some of the keyboard warriors off the squads back. Here's to a good 2014 for an increasingly professional side.

clarence Hiles

St Lucia

20th Feb 2014

Great win by Ireland.
Well done everyone involved

Joe Doherty

Derry

11th Feb 2014

On behalf of the wider cricket community, please allow me to express deep condolences to Patricia, Richard, Zoe, Edith and the entire McCrum family circle on the sad passing of Sydney. A special message of sympathy to his brothers Paul and Charles, two of our most illustrious international players.
Joe Doherty
Chair of Cricket
Cricket Ireland

Robert B

Lurgan

10th Feb 2014

Great to see such a large turnout for the funeral of Syd McCrum today, testament to what a popular man he was One of the nicest guys you could ever wish to meet while still maintaining a keen competitive edge when on the pitch.

Andrew Kenny

Home

10th Feb 2014

Ref Richard
In that case Richard when I look through the stats for last season for some of the players selected for the emerging squad it doesnt make for pretty reading so on your basis for selection you would wonder how they got picked !!!

Richard

10th Feb 2014

Ref Andrew H
Pretty sure nobody gets too many games for Waringstown after a run of poor form, what young players are you talking about?
Ref Andrew K
I would suggest the stats for the two guys you mentioned when they have been playing in the PL highlight the reason why they haven't been picked...

DG

London Village

9th Feb 2014

On the eve of the funeral of the Late,Great Syd McCrum,I look back with fondness on the times we spent together,both in the RUC and on the cricket field. I can't be there tomorrow,but I'll be watching from mid off.
Fun and laughter was always had,even in the toughest of times.
Rest well Syd,

C Boomer

Home

9th Feb 2014

Deeply saddened to learn of the sudden passing of Sid McCrum. A great cricketer, a real gentleman and a good friend. Will be greatly missed. My thoughts are with his family.

Andrew kenny

Home

9th Feb 2014

Good to see a couple of players that were playing section 1 cricket last selected for the NK emerging squad but how JaJa Mcgowan and Craig Lewis are not being given a chance to train with this squads is beyond me as they are the two best payers playing in section 1 and have been for years now.

John Patterson

Gilford

9th Feb 2014

So CI spending again but this time on a coach - surely they must be favourites now for the Premier League?

I commend all clubs having the foresight to bring in paid coaches to bring on their clubs, but really is there any need for a paid full time coach?