Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

Ivan McCombe

Moylena

17th Apr 2014

Billy I think we know it's going to be tough and we accept we are most people's favourites to go down so finishing 7 th will be seen as a success. We are building structures on and off the field designed to help us be a Premier League for many years. Over 50 at nets tonight and I think we will be one if the best supported teams in the Premier League. It's great to see so many names on our captains board still actively involved in the club namely myself, Fred Ashton, John McCormick, Harry McFadden, Andy Clement , Les Allen, Simon Thompson, Peter Bates, Charles Henderson, Richard Keates, The Muckamore family is stronger than ever.

Billy Dobbin

Lisburn

17th Apr 2014

All very admirable and should be commended Ivan but can they stay up in a very tough Premier League. Id be shocked

Mr Kennedy, you seem to comment on everything so dont see what your issue is with my opinion of your current club.

andy kennedy

balmy Buckna

17th Apr 2014

Clarence - I recall being lambasted when I made comments about the "pros" in the past so it is payback time!

Clarence Hiles

HQ

17th Apr 2014

Phew Ivan!
I can see now how you have lost all that weight!
Great stuff at Moyelna and thanks to Billy's post everyone can share in what's happening at Muckamore. Good role model for many clubs if they can marshall their forces as efficiently.
Well done everyone involved.

Clarence Hiles

HQ

17th Apr 2014

Come on Andy lighten up!
I seem to recall similar comments about CI and North Down in recent times so the comment is fair game. One thing I did learn at school was 14 into 11 doesn't go! Also, I have 'inside knowledge" as the club chairman was in Barbados on a pre-season scouting trip and found at least one new talent! Sharon will certainly make the 1st XI tea-team!

Ivan McCombe

Training

17th Apr 2014

Billy Dobbin
What ever we are doing at Muckamore it seems to be working . Four teams out this weekend in friendlies. 92 adult players registered for the 2014 season. Five weekend teams and two midweek teams being fielded. Six newly qualified Level 2 coaches. 41 adults at practice last night. A three month winter indoor coaching Academy for kids with an average attendance of 65. An Easter camp and a Summer camp organised. More sponsors than ever before . Full fund raising calendar, money invested in a new roller and other ground machinery . ( and we have now tarmaced the entrance ).

andy kennedy

Buckna del Sol

16th Apr 2014

What qualifies Mr. Dobbin to comment on the selection policy of any club?

andy kennedy

balmy Buckna

16th Apr 2014

Nathan Waller 108 off 109 balls for Sussex 2s. Is this the same guy who has moved from Lisburn to CIYMS?

Billy Dobbin

Lisburn

8th Apr 2014

Muckamore mean business, 3 new signings, pro mess up. The guys who got them up will enjoy the 2nds im sure!

Neil Hunter

Belfast

7th Apr 2014

Folks, with just over 2 weeks to the start of the season what fixtures are arranged for this weekend.

Lurgan are going to Phoenix this Saturday with a 1pm start.

taito

friendly

7th Apr 2014

I was wondering if any clubs in the north west would be looking for a friendly this saturday the 12th against downpatrick cc at your ground? We are already up that way and have a game on sunday, our saturday fixture fell through. If so drop me an e-mail paultateuk@yahoo.co.uk or 07791270964.

Peter Clifford

Bangor

26th Mar 2014

Any more transfer rumours in Section 1 or Premier League?

C Boomer

Home

24th Mar 2014

By contrast the Netherlands not so 'hot' today v Sri Lanka.. 39 all out, dearie me!

The Dawn of a New Season !

As the cricket season draweth near,
the winter doldrums, fast, become small beer
players and officials most revere,
search for crumpled whites and dusty gear

The great fraternity from hibernation reappear,
as an awakening bear, stern and austere
then do imbue each other's speculative ear ,
with various conundrums intended sincere

Their curiosity doth blend and cohere,
like prophets gazing into a crystal sphere
before a ball is bowled cavalier,
or struck back eagerly, without fear!

Will the sun from a blue background adhere
and shine warm, bright and clear?
Which team will lift the cup in cheer,
or sit proudly atop the summit of the premier?

What bowler and which batsman will domineer
and top the averages for this year?
Long into the night shall they persevere,
about the game all so endear!

From common man to noble peer
all must wait patiently to hear,
as father time rows forward at steady steer
in a pearly craft of gilded veneer, like a celestial gondolier!

Indeed let's pray an almighty hand of zenith tier,
shall never bowl a ball to end his career
the consequence of which, would be rather severe
As both you, me and the universe, into a black-hole
would instantaneously, disappear!

andy kennedy

baltic Buckna

21st Mar 2014

The Netherlands were just incredible today and fully deserve to be in the next stage. And as for watching tv only when England lose - I don't have enough time to watch that much tv! But come on guys - humour me - tell me about all the positives about England performances that I and a load of other guys seem to have missed! Suggested reading "the emperor's new clothes"!

John

Up the Mournes

21st Mar 2014

Don't hold your breath Van Der Sar, Andy has tunnel vision as far as England are concerned