Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

PC

sunny belfast?!

8th May 2008

Clarence,
great article on Ryan, one of the few to get inside the head of the master blaster. For me playing with Hairso is one of the reasons im still at the green. a wonderfully gifted cricketer and role model. i hav my fingers crossed he gets picked in the 20/20 qualifying squad

jeff maguire

hard2 beat the SUN.

7th May 2008

danny , sorry been busy but did back henry the navigator too win guineas. will get you a winner sat.we had first look at our professional MANOJ FERNANDO 2night& he looked a useful allrounder but i was very impressed the time he had for everyone but especially the kids! was good too see CIYMS get their first of hopefully many wins in the premier section(oh for the days we were both in section3)shows what can be achieved with hard work.just wish was 15years younger as dont think MARKING THE BOOK is for me&im too young for umpiring.lol ps can see paddy o,hara &king of the WHITE STICKS housty biting already,

mark

Belfast

7th May 2008

Having read your article on Cliftonville I have to agree they need support and understanding at this time from everyone in cricket. My previous posting was not hitting out at them but more for clear guidance from the NCU on some problems that could arise. It seems the situation is still not totally clear so perhaps best to sit back and see what unfolds.
We certainly don't want Andy Kennedy handling the problems!

Danny

Ladbrokes

7th May 2008

Jeff

All quiet on the tips front? Jardin de Vienne wasnt a bad each way!

Well done to Dundrum on their Senior Cup Success at the weekend.

jeff maguire

cup UNDERDOGS

7th May 2008

MARK ,thanks it was great start for DUNDRUM, i think we deserved it but also holywood bowled really well without LUCK especially DAVID CARDY who was unplayable 10 0vers 5 maidens for just 5 runs&i think we wil see a lot more RUNS FROM KIWI LEON MOORE who looks a good allrounder!CLIFTONVILLE will no boubt be ODDS ON favourites but we love the UNDERDOG TAG&in a 3 horse race any result is possible &after 2 brain operations yes i would back DUNDRUM as they say a FOOL&HIS£R EASY PARTED!!cup is a bonus but winning games creates CONFIDENCE&lets hope that we can continue at one off the BEST GROUNDS in the NCU SAINTFIELD on sat!the new COVERS made by MAG/CONN made the result possible.funniest thing i witnessed was that both TEAMS WERE READY TOO BOWL as their was CONFUSION (think rodney was alittle excited) but fair play too HOLYWOOD&THE UMPIRES SHORT delay sorted the problem.ps mark we were hoping next round was at CLIFTONVILLE so we could claim the GAME.LOL

mark

Belfast

6th May 2008

Hats off to Dundrum and Rodney's men for a fine win in the cup. One swallow doesn't make a summer but there were a lot of people looking towards the Mournes for this result and with respect to Holywood hoping for a fairytale start to the season.
What odds Jeff against Cliftonville or is there a conflict of interest when you are involved?

michael patterson

Lisburn

6th May 2008

Must say it sucks to see Ireland's wicket-keeper paste us in a competitive match when we are so short of genuine class players at this level. No complaints mind you as Niall O'Brien is making the most of his ability in the professional ranks and this competition has nothing to do with nationality status. It seems he's going to be joined by a host of others in the near future as I read on the other channel that counties are queuing up to 'poach' our best young players. Vanburn are you for real? If any of these players is good enough to make a living from the game then you should be delighted if a county offers them a contract. There are ten times more young English players out there in front of them so only the very best will make it and that means only a select few with both the ability and the focus. Stirling has now made his mark but note the critics on his back before this fine innings.
One writer criticised his position and then congratulated him after the innings. What a hypocrite.

taito

work

6th May 2008

interesting weekend in the NCU : Some very interesting games over the weekend in both the premier league and the senior cup. North down off to a great start, tight one yesterday though. Mr strydom has started not to badly for lisburn.
Congrats to CI on their first top flight victory im sure there will be plenty more.
Same goes to Dundrum on saturday for their first ever senior cup victory.

Paul

Belfast Shore's

5th May 2008

In relation to Mark and Jim's points i think whilst North Down have recruited quite well this post season i have to agree with Jim and say the 3 that left would make any team in the premier league easily never mind North Downs.

I believe from what ive read that Dalzell has had a tough start to his NW career but Russell seems to have started quite well with 35 and 40 to his name,not setting the world alight but for the opening two games of the season more than likely on green tops it certainly is not a failure by any means. Looks like the rest of the Glendermott line up are struggling without Raza.

Now that would be entertaining,watching Russell and Hasan Raza bat together.

Long season though and this one has literally just begun so lets assess mid-season on the good bad and the indifferent.

I think CSN and Carrick will push Waringstown and North Down this season. Should make for a more competitive summer of cricket in the NCU, here's hoping!

Paul

mark

Belfast

4th May 2008

Not sure about that Jim but it's not my problem. You may be in the know but Montgomery scored a century and the pace attack looks fairly balanced. Dalzell and Russell aren't in much form up the M2 and Davy Kennedy isn't playing at the same standard any more.
It's early days but looking form the outside North Down have answered the doubters. It remains to be seen if they can win the big matches.

Jim

work

4th May 2008

Mark,

Not sure i would agree with you that North Down look stronger than last season.

When you take out Russell,Kennedy and Dalzell you have a pretty big hole to fill, but because North Down had such a strong squad in place already and with Sutherland and Parsons coming in alongside a couple of young guys being blooded they will still be there or there abouts come the end of the season. They are still the team to beat for sure but the 3 guys that left this season past would still secure a place on the North Down team for sure.

Mark

Belfast

4th May 2008

First blood to North Down. At least East Belfast knows what they have to do to beat the champions because the Comber men look stronger than last year!
Good side and they set the standard.

michael patterson

Lisburn

2nd May 2008

Brendan, Start with the NCU and North-West averages and see who's been in form. Count out anyone outside section one and anyone over 40. In the absence of anything else have a trial match if club cricket doesn't tell him enough. At least look outside Dublin.
Mind you, it's a lot for one man to do but whose fault it that?

michael patterson

Lisburn

2nd May 2008

Mark the silly season started last Saturday!
The Cliftonville situation has been known for months.

Brendan

Derry

2nd May 2008

Bit hard on Phil there Michael. He's lost more than half a team and the new kids need time to rise to this level.
Apart from Peter Connell and Ryan Haire and a few 'vested interests' from the Dublin lobby what players are being missed?