Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

clarence hiles

Barbados

25th Apr 2008

Rodney,
You obviously didn't play hockey against Harry!
We have some great memories of playing Crossgar especially when North Down CCHC played in the Intermediate League. The Tates were legendary and we still have the bruises to show for it!
As you rightly say Harry was a lovely person and a great conversationalist walking round the boundary. Cricket and local sport in general is all the poorer for his passing.
Sincere condolences to the Tate family.

Rodney Hassard

Dundrum

25th Apr 2008

Would just like to pass on my deepest sympathies to the Tate family on the passing of Harry, a member of Downpatrick CC. I have to say Harry was one of the nicest men you could wish to meet and I will always remember the passion and love he held for the game.

Always one to encourage I'm sure he will be sadly missed.

RIP

clarence hiles

Barbados

24th Apr 2008

PC, as I said wickets and low run rate is Utopia.
As for Lara, we can't afford him.
What a pity.

PC

the green

24th Apr 2008

re fast bowlers
interesting points made clarence, why is it that the WI no longer pump out the quick men i wonder? you are right about less need in the one day format although the best form of keeping run rate down is too take wickets! i disagree that a fast bowling pro will help the current players all that much, phill is an expert himself. he needs to flick through his phone book and get Lara over here!

michael patterson

Lisburn

24th Apr 2008

Good article on the demise of the fast bowlers but if Ireland lose three at the same time would you not expect the coach to bring in a hired gun as allowed by the rules rather than throw all his eggs in the youth basket? Looking at our new attack they could benefit from a 'star' name teaching them the ropes.
Phil Simmons has got strong West Indian contacts so what about Tino Best and Pedro Collins for starters?

Webmaster

HQ

24th Apr 2008

Can anyone help identify the Ireland U15 players in the Photo Gallery?

Webmaster

HQ

24th Apr 2008

Portadown CC is in desperate need of a roller (to buy, hire, something short term) as their current model has broken down – on the square!
Anyone who might be able to help please contact Alan Chambers alan@datadisposals.co.uk

clarence hiles

Barbados

24th Apr 2008

Hi Bryan,
I'll certainly pass on your regards. I thought Jim McMorran was the only one old enough from Cooke to remember Carl! As you can see from the photo he's in great shape and still as keen as ever on cricket.

Bryan Milford

In a personal capacity

23rd Apr 2008

Clarence

Delighted that Carl Broome is still active in cricket in Barbados.

Some of the old hands at Cooke have fond memories of the time he played for us.

I was delighted to meet him in Barbados some fifteen years ago during a Cooke tour there. We played his club (Windward)and Carl got me lbw for a duck. I know who gave the decision and I'm still plotting my revenge.

A great cricketing character - please pass on best wishes to him.

Rodney Hassard

Dublin!

23rd Apr 2008

Taito

Looking forward to saturday. Muckamore will be a difficult match but we will certainly be determined to put on a good show. Noticed you done well at 20/20. You's will be pretty strong this year so it will be interesting to see how things pan out.

taito

home

22nd Apr 2008

jeff, you ready for the start of the season this week? after playing a few teams last weekend , all be it in twenty/20 and a 35 over game, i would say that noth down full strength will still be hard to beat, carrick impressed on sunday , all be it we had a very weak side out , but a few new signings have defintely strengthened their batting for sure, they may not struggle as some people think. Just want to thank north down for having on us saturday,even though it was one of the coldest days i have ever played cricket

jeff maguire

dont gamble if you cant afford 2 lose

21st Apr 2008

here we go again.eway cracking nick135 southwell.air force one 450 punchestown&last chance for CORK ALL STAR.305.forecast not too bad we might get playing this week, think duckworth lewis will play big part in results?

jeff maguire

waringstown win DOUBLE

21st Apr 2008

micheal , the 2nd horse i backed sat was 2£ iris de balme @130 1 on BETFAIR(IT went too 150 1 5mins later)the last 6bets on sat evening 5 won so think i might just stay with horses for wee while.dont no enuff bout section 1 but i fancy waringstown 2win DOUBLE,as for section 2 sentiment means i will gamble that DUNDRUM can survive in 2 but we know with 2 down that we FAVOURITES for the drop(& after a FEW BEERS sun local WINDER SHAKY ROGAN bet me 100£ that we dont win more than 3 games)so thats the captains teamtalk for sat.DUNDRUM have worked very hard over the winter with new scorehut,clubhouse repainted, revamped kitchen& new umpires room. &hope too have new set roll on covers for next week. feel free too visit the new WEBSITE www.dundrumcc.com have too say its first class.

michael patterson

Lisburn

21st Apr 2008

Jeff, can you lay some odds on the cricket and give the nags a rest this week?
What about Senior League, Senior Cup, a league and cup double and possibly the Irish Senior Cup? I've a few quid to speculate!
Stay clear of section two if you feel 'emotionally involved.'

jeff maguire

need a WINNER

19th Apr 2008

eway halcon generlardis340 .china gold 555,pearl king300. beacon lodge 325 nap,tranquil tiger ,215. michita325, good luck playing freindlys 2 day bright but COLD,