Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

Roger Bell

Carrickfergus

26th Sep 2008

Re: Alan Bryans

It's not up to me to declare it void, so I can't say it WILL be, but as I said, if it started at 2.45 and was pre-arranged to start at that time, if the rules are applied, it most definitely SHOULD be.

Roger Bell

Carrickfergus

26th Sep 2008

That's correct Taito, you're learning without reading the rule book! Apparently CI would have to lose today by a margin of around 340 runs to be relegated in any case!

Alan Bryans

Belfast

26th Sep 2008

Roger Bell - I assume you meant to say WILL be declared void?

Sauce for the Goose and all that!

taito

work

26th Sep 2008

if the game is void, would that not mean that CI stay up anyway with no points being awarded to either side? This would not affect run rates surely?

Roger Bell

Carrickfergus

26th Sep 2008

The latest pre-arranged starting time for matches in September is 2.30 pm, so if a match has been pre-arranged for a later starting time and started at that later time it should be declared void

taito

work

26th Sep 2008

Alan, i have never read an NCU rule book in my life and am not about to start now, especially when our season is over.

Not sure what game you are talking about starting at 2.45 today??

Good luck to all the teams involved over the weekend

Alan Bryans

Belfast

26th Sep 2008

Taito - sounds like you need to keep reading the Rules. I was recently told that 'they are all in there you know'!
While you're reading check this one out.

Where in the NCU Match 2 Regulations is provision made to allow a game to start at 2.45pm and be of 30 overs duration?
Rule 3.1 '..the latest start time shall be 2.30pm'
In the past couple of years Lurgan v Instonians plus a couple of Section 2 matches were voided for these sort of 'arrangements'.
If I'm missing a loophole tucked away in the Rules please let me know otherwise boys you are wasting your time today - Match Void!

Neale

Sunny Portadown

26th Sep 2008

Just a gentle windup Robin.

2006? One loss? Winning the league?

If ND do win the title - can we expect to see a plethora of ND supporters on the various websites bemoaning the fact that the outcome will have been decided "in the committee room" and not on the field of play. I seem to remember ND were somewhat disapproving of this course. I did receive a number of phonecalls and e-mails on this point a couple of years ago.

Great match in prospect tomorrow, hope you get the weather and game it deserves. It is with a heavy heart I accept that the two best teams in the league are playing the "decider". There's always next year!

Wayne Horwood

Work

26th Sep 2008

Robin - if you check out league table on NCI archives it says ND lost 8 games that year which is where I got info. http://www.cricketeurope4.net/NORTHERN/DATABASE/2006/LEAGUES/11.shtml. I see on front page it says league shared so must be an error on the site.

It should be a good game tomorrow and I look forward to a pint or 2 afterwards.

It would be good if other folk on this forum used their own names instead of stirring.

stevy

work

26th Sep 2008

Re Robin Haire:

Sounds like your up for the game tomorrow Robin!

Lets hope your teams actions on the field back up your comments online...

andy kennedy

not Ballymena

26th Sep 2008

re the earlier postings about sides being awarded points for "unplayed" games - I got some people steamed up a couple of seasons ago by my comments about this so nothing really changes!! However, as someone who has been banging on for some time about the leagues being too big - the 8 team format would resolve some of the problems. In this aspect I admire Andy Clement's optimism on his comments about the "self-interest" of clubs. From the league tables it appears that there will be at least 2 fewer sides in Section 4 next season so how will sections 3 and 4 pan out? Of course there may an additional side joining them!!

robin haire

ardmore academy

26th Sep 2008

wayne

in 2006 north down lost 1 game in winning the league

got a surprise yesterday when i spied big ET of csni near stormont. players and supporters of north down look forward to giving him a fond farewell tomorrow.

taito

work

26th Sep 2008

Alan- thanks for clearing that up??? You didnt really answer the question. Anyway i am assuming that if a team is reported twice in a season for a slow over rate they are docked a point? Are CSNI the first team to be docked a point for such a reason? i can probably guarantee that they are not the only team to go over the allotted time this season.

But that aside this weekend should be one of the most exciting last weekends in years both at the top of section 1 and the bottom of section 2.

Stevie Max

Dundrum CC

25th Sep 2008

Vic. Jons,
Cannot agree more. Gus has done a good job this season with his predictions. Its not all about Section 1 and 2.
Maybe a bit premature to say this, but I've been lead to believe Saintfield 2nd Eleven have won Division 2 Section 3. Congratulations to the Barry, Ally and the boys over there but we hope to see them in a couple of years - hopefully in Section 2...
Good luck to all teams playing this weekend except those playing our first XI !! Guys please remember that cricket is a gentlemans game. No matter what happens, it should be remembered that we have to respect The spirit of the game.

Chris Busby

TCC

25th Sep 2008

Re Paul Doherty

Not an excuse but surely a valid reason why we only got ten games played (we played cup games on 3/4 days when we would have been playing league games)- I think if the fixtures had have been completed we would have been up at least in second place (we had the second best net rr)- but it wasn't and we aren't and I'm sure there are plenty of "what if's" for many clubs at this stage of the season! Hopefully we will come back stronger next year and go all the way- might be academic though given the proposed league reforms.