Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

Alan Bryans

Belfast

14th Oct 2008

I see that which was expected has come to pass.
I refer to the Waringstown v CIYMS 30 over match at 2.45 on 26th September arranged in breach of the NCU Rules. Has it been 'voided' as the Section 2 Secretary said at the time it 'should'? Apparently not according to the league tables. Obviously the Section 1 Secretary has a less strict enforcement policy or maybe it's just an example of Selective enforcement on the NCU's part. Wasn't this the very crime that the now infamous Rule 3 was brought in to cover?
Any news on Lurgan's punishment for failing to put out a team? Can I suggest a start to next season at -8 points.

jeff maguire

dundrum

13th Oct 2008

anyone keen for a bet think PROHIBITION will win 140 at leicester tues.think tayto shud put bet on it then he might afford too pay his debt?lets hope ireland can get WEST& MCCALLAN on early &take the last 8 wickets & reach the final again.

ronnie

dundrum

13th Oct 2008

re mark

great proposal re: penalties......BOWL OVERS WITHIN THE TIME ALLOTTED!!!!!!!!!!

sorry for the sarcasm but i couldn't resist

mark

Belfast

13th Oct 2008

Very quiet on the website these days or is it the calm before the storm with the dinner and agm coming up soon? Also any proposals to change the rule regarding points penalties for going over the time? Surely CSNI should champion this cause since they suffered most this season?

jeff maguire

dont bet with TAYTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

11th Oct 2008

re portydown , yes the ones on forum didnt win 3 placed but BELIEVE me i done OK 5£ betfair taafeez 75 1 betfair (thanks to john francome ). so today we will try again, eway CRETE & CONQUEST ( last time i tipped it on here won at 66 1) king charles , cute ass.squadron.tammeer. two horses that have last chance 2day prime defender tastihil worth watching . nap BALLYBRAT hexham 535,nb silly wupple 320.ps dont gamble if you cant afford 2 lose!!

andy kennedy

not Ballymena

11th Oct 2008

things have gone a bit quiet on the forum recently so to try and kick start a rumour or two - who's moving where next season, who is being offered silly money to move to the East Belfast direction, where are some teams gonna play next year. Or is this just all boundary chat? And Harry Cook wins a bowling cup by .0007 of a run!!! The world as I knew it has gone mad!!!

Gareth McCarter

The Mall.

9th Oct 2008

I see that the CSNI appeal was turned down by the NCU last night after submissions from the umpires and CSNI representatives.

Unfortunate for the CSNI club, but it shouldn't detract too much from what was otherwise a fantastic season for them, especially their memorable Senior Cup win.

Michael Foster

Ahead of Richard Victor Finlay in the averages

9th Oct 2008

Vic

Opposing bowlers quickly worked out that was certainly all they had to do to you, skip!

Ricky Finlay

Holywood

9th Oct 2008

Fozzy

You have to bowl straight.

Warmest regards

Your skipper from last season.

James

Belfast

8th Oct 2008

Anyone any idea what happened at the CSNI appeal tonight?
Anybody know who the Waringstown skipper is for 2009?

Michael Foster

Work

8th Oct 2008

Ronnie, a few of my teammates have been giving me similar hints, but I think I will annoy them for at least another season before I consider such a radical move!

Hopefully see you at the Park next year; maybe you will give me an lbw for a change!

andy kennedy

not Ballymena

7th Oct 2008

saddened by the news of Jim McMorran's death. A real gentleman. Had the pleasure of being at the "old Cooke" dinner when they made him a life member. He always brought common sense to the disputes that arose in the Divisional Committee at a time when we seemed to make decisions without the lawyers getting involved. I would send my condolences to his family circle at this time.

andy kennedy

not Ballymena

7th Oct 2008

Re the White Stick Trophy - Is Ronnie hinting that the South played a ringer or two? Maybe we should be selecting those who attended the short course!!

ronnie

sunny dundrum (i wish)

6th Oct 2008

cheers fossy. yes they had a strong side including 4 very young indian umpires?? one who retired on a very stylish 80* and three who took most of the wickets but it was a fantastic day out. well worth taking up the white coat for. hint hint

Dundrums Bookmakers

Not Port Elizabeth...Portydown

6th Oct 2008

Jeff Maguire reckons he could go with you Cyril. He says you book it and he will pay you as soon as his tips start winning...........