Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

Michael patterson

Lisburn

17th Dec 2007

OK Steven, we like different things to keep amused so if Staffy's teams do it for you then very good.
As for CSN why are people knocking them when practically every club does it these days? They've got a good player and isn't it better he goes to Stormont than North Down where it was rumoured? As for youth policies they'll still have more young players in their side than the other teams because they've good enough to be there.
Big Wayne will finally get the support he needs and let's hope they do well. The NCU badly needs more competition.

Steven Wilson

Down

17th Dec 2007

Re Michael.

I think staffy did a great job with the selections. I care as it generates much needed cricket chat over the "dark" months.
Interested to hear of CSNI and their new approach to developing youth..buy in the NCU hired gun and let the KIWIS do all the work.
CSNZ indeed.

michael patterson

Lisburn

15th Dec 2007

Who cares what Glendermott are doing because when it comes to 2008 its results that matter not who's in the team and where they came from. We're all getting antsy with no cricket and if you want to enter into dreamland then humour Staffy and his county team selections. Can you believe he wants us to tell him who is likely to win and why?
Who gives a sh**? After all you picked the teams so you should know.
Watch Glenavon for a few months and then come back to the forum refreshed!

Brendan

Derry

15th Dec 2007

There's a rumour going round the North-West that Glendermott approached 20 players to join them next season. Sounds ridiculous but at least three at North Down was a good start. Any other clubs feel the strain?

paul hatton

Dublin

11th Dec 2007

Good luck Dazzler. There's nothing wrong with a new challenge and maybe Glendermott will be the northern team to watch because the Irish Senior Cup is going to die a death if it continues to be a Leinster whitewash. I'm a Leinster cricket supporter but don't align emails with one club because I don't speak on their behalf and I don't want anyone to speak to me through a club affilation. That's the thing about the forum, you can give your own opinion and everyone is entitled to do that. I'll look out for you in 2008. Good luck.

Dazzler

Green Rectory

11th Dec 2007

Brendan - still a north down member.

Paul thats cause for the last lot of years the northern teams have hardly competed in competition for long enough to get noticed!! We ll not go into why not.
Regarding being known in NW don't think anybody up there doesn't know who I am by now. Lookin forward to the banter when I do play up there.
What is your team in Dublin??

brendan

Derry

11th Dec 2007

Dazzler should your email 'headed notepaper' not read The Rectory Field?

paul hatton

dublin

11th Dec 2007

Dazzler.
Don't worry about me as I'm only asking what's all the fuss about? You North Down boys are very touchy and in your case you better get used to it as I don't think they'll be as polite in the North West when they are asking the same question next season. No offence but we've never heard of you in Dublin and I only asked!

Dazzler

The green

10th Dec 2007

Quick question - Never mind who I am or aren't. Who on earth are you???

Paul hatton

Dublin

10th Dec 2007

Not a lot happening on your forum these days while Staffy appears to be getting up a lot of people's noses with his county selections elsewhere.
Who's this guy Dazzler? He hasn't figured much in the NCU yet they are talking about him in the North-West like he's going to make Glendermott world-beaters.
Obviously he hasn't played in the Irish Senior Cup?

clarence hiles

Barbados

3rd Dec 2007

Has anyone got a Woodvale Centenary brochure that they are willing to sell? They are about ten years old but I've lost my copy and need to access one for some articles I'm writing. If anyone can help please email me at sportingb@caribsurf.com
Many thanks.

Barmy Army

belfast

29th Nov 2007

Michael,

There is only one player that has left to go to Glendermott from North Down and that is Marty Dalzell. ND will be firing on all cylinders come April, dont you worry. Im aware that Neil Russell was also offered but decided to stay at N. Down and fair play too him for showing loyalty to the club, the lure off good money and with his aggresive style would go down a treat in the North West, must have been very tempting.

Roll on the 2008 season

Brendan

Derry

29th Nov 2007

New book for the Christmas shelves just out;
"Raiders of the North-West"
by Glen Dermott

michael patterson

Lisburn

29th Nov 2007

Plenty of questions to ask right now.
What's happening at North Down?
How can Glendermott actually entice players away from the best club in Ulster or is it just the money?
At least they have a strong enough squad to replace the defectors or will we see a few recruits?

Alan Armstrong

Carryduff

22nd Nov 2007

All this talk about ticket prices is a load of nonsense. Apart from the test nations you could let everyone in free at the Ireland games in the north and the crowd wouldn't be much bigger.
That said, fee admission for school parties at all games should be instigated immediately. Empty grounds do nothing for the players.