Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

vanburn

Home

22nd Jun 2008

Betting/horse racing tips
Tips
Guys - this is cricket website. If you want to post messages on horse racing or whatever it is you are betting on, use one of the websites made for that purpose.

michael patterson

Lisburn

22nd Jun 2008

I agree with you 100% Ivan. I'm all for this fixture.
But why does the Ireland coach have to play for the opposition? He is employed by Cricket Ireland and shouldn't be in the opposing dressing room. This is not totally a Jolly because it is being used as the build-up to the Twenty20 tournament. Maybe Gordon has hit the nail on his lamb chop?
PS Not many Fergie Graingers around these days which is a great pity.

ivan mc combe

Muckamore

21st Jun 2008

Michael
Surely in the middle of such an intense fixture schedule we are entitled to a "jolly ". I can't see any negatives from this fixture and if it makes Irish cricket a few more friends, gets cricket a few more column inches and helps Cricket Ireland sell cricket to a wider audience great. In the late 70's early 80's in fact until his untimely death we had some great "jolly's" at Muckamore courtesy of our generous President Ferguson Grainger. These President Day's games brought the great and the good of business, finance and politics as well as several Test players to Moylena. Sharing a dressing room with the likes of Basil D'Olivera and Graham Roope like we had the pleasure of didn't happen to many ordinary club cricketers. I have no doubt if the Lashings had been around then Fergie would have had them at Muckamore.

gordon lamb

belfast

21st Jun 2008

michael

the benefit for phil?

££££££££££££££££

the benefit for the irish players

££££££££££££££££

ivan mc combe

Muckamore

21st Jun 2008

Charles
The original decision to dock the two overs may have been wrong. The turning down of the appeal may have been wrong. But for you to say you and you hope Laurelvale won't play again in the Ulster Shield is DEFINITELY wrong. Surely a better attitude would have been "We are more determined than ever to win this tournament next season". Umpires and administrators make mistakes but we wouldn't have competitions "not to play in" without them.

jeff maguire

off to down royal

21st Jun 2008

tips,nap seaway, nb, marchant dor, eway kings apostle, king charles, bahrain storm. best outsiders CONQUEST.myboycharlie, tudor key. camps bay. think johnny murtagh could have lot winners 2day. good luck.

Charles McCrum

Lurgan

20th Jun 2008

Re: Ulster Shield
There seems to be a clash of dates with the next round of the Ulster Shield and the 20/20 finals. I assume the Shield round has been put back a week.
Incidentally, Laurelvale lost their appeal for a reasonable request to replay their 1st round tie with Creevedonnell. Incorrect rules were implemented wherby we had 2 overs taken off us when batting. If we would have lost by forty runs we could have accepted the defeat gracefully. However, to lose the game as a result of this was unfair.
No names will appear hear from the people involved in the joke decision.

PS. I will not be playing in the competition again and I hope Laurelvale won't either.

michael patterson

Lisburn

20th Jun 2008

Is it true that Phil Simmons is down to play for the Lashings against the Ireland XI in the Oak Hills Twenty20 matches?
Surely not? This is the national coach supposedly working with his squad. What possible benefit could he have in playing?
Please someone tell us this is not rue.

jeff maguire

jeffs tips

19th Jun 2008

nap.mutajared eway (if ascot gets rain it will win). infallible,cuis ghaire.eway city leader. best outsiders pinpoint&carivore. not great card but looks a favourites day.

jeff maguire

holiday paid for.

19th Jun 2008

danny . hope you won few £. 4winners, one 2nd, one non runner. had fifteen love on betfair 3 times over 48 1, & collection well backed from 16 1 down til 8 1 so might just quit while ahead. think the favourites go well ascot friday. but will tryget few 4u but not as good card fri.ps danny if you want iget u great deal with betfair?

Danny

Ladbrokes

19th Jun 2008

RE: JEFFS TIPLINE

The bookies will be glad to see the back of you today if you backed your tips today!

Thanks for the fifteen love tip - 35 to 1 e/w

jeff maguire

ascot

18th Jun 2008

nap monaadeema. nb yeats. eway COLLECTION , fifteen love, arthurs girl, waffle. good luck!!

clarence hiles

Barbados

18th Jun 2008

Great news on Simon Harrison. I'm sure I speak for all our readers in wishing him a continued recovery and look forward to seeing him back in the fray. Not sure about those good looks Simon but you are an excellent cricketer and that's more important!
Best wishes for the rest of the season.
Clarence Hiles
Editor

Paul Hatton

Dublin

18th Jun 2008

I've missed most of the season so far as I've been abroad but I'm disappointed yet again that the NCU teams haven't produced the goods. Fair play to the North West teams and good luck to Waringstown, but we had hoped for more competition at this stage than in previous years. Is the NCU dropping further back or getting more insular?

paul Hatton

Dublin

18th Jun 2008

I hope the doubters read Emmet Riordan's excellent article on Peter Savill and Oak Hill CC that has been reproduced on the Cricket Europe site. This gentleman's passion for cricket should be welcomed and if his patronage can be embraced to the betterment of Cricket Ireland then that would be a bigger bonus. Why do some people only see negatives when so many positives could come out of it? Lighten up Mr. Staffy. Inviting an Ireland XI to open grounds or celebrate an anniversary is as old as the hills. Nobody ever complained before.