Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

Rodney Hassard

Work

20th Jun 2011

Anyone hear how many were at the Muckamore v Waringstown game?

Response

About 300 was the report I heard, good effort.

Rick Disneck

My desk

20th Jun 2011

When is the draw made for the Challenge Cup Semis? Should be some quality cricket with the top three teams from the NCU involved - Waringstown, Instonians and North Down.

jareth

wo0rk - sort of end of term

20th Jun 2011

3 night matches - d/l?
apparently you can only have a max of 50 overs in the last day to make a game. so if only 10 overs have been bowled in nights one and two it becomes a 30 over game in night three. 10 overs already bowled plus 20 of the 50 then 30 overs for team two. that is my interpretation of rule g25 but i am open to correction

taito

work

20th Jun 2011

does anyone know how duckworth lewis works in a three nighter? so for instance tomorrow night forecast is shocking, so is it the usual after half an hour do we start losing overs? or if it rains tomorrow night can we play full game on weds and thurs?

simon

Bed

19th Jun 2011

Couldn't agree more Billy...

No older players want to sign away their summers to that...

Encouragement not discouragement please NCU...!

How many at Moylena Ivan today BTW...?

billy adams

home

19th Jun 2011

the sooner we start all mataches at noon the better we got home from laurelvale after our junior cup game at 10pm this needs to be sorted asap this is why some players do not want to play the game

rowan shah

Dunmurry CC

18th Jun 2011

From all of us at Dunmurry CC. It is with great sadness that i type these words about the passing away of Lynn Irwin early this morning. All our thoughts are with Brian, Gavin and Lynsey and the extended family at this time. She was a great lady, friend and supporter of the club and we will all miss her terribly.

player

office

17th Jun 2011

well said jim you should not be made to play on a friday its hard to get a team out and you get punished for playing on a sun as it means some team is going to be playing fri sat and sun

Stevie Max

Glengrimley

17th Jun 2011

On behalf of Dundrum CC, I'd just like to wish Ivan and the boys up at Muckamore all the best for Sundays events. I'm working in Mallusk which isn't too far away and it hasn't stopped raining since I got here at 8 this morning so I hope the weather hasn't ruined all the hard work put in at Moylena. Best wishes.

Russeller

Comber

17th Jun 2011

Ivan,

Low blow there mate!! haha!! I was very complimentary of Moylena the day we were up there a month or so back...the ground looked sublime....but im glad to hear that the new wickets are now being used yes!!

I wish you the best of luck for Sunday...it is through the efforts of yourself and the likes of big Andy Clement that Muckamore are moving in the right direction as a club. Many clubs, both small and the big boys could take note from the drive and tenacity you as a club have shown. I think you said a week or so ago...if this doesnt work then the only thing that will come out of it is lessons learnt for the next time you attempt something as big.

If you got 300 people at the game the ground would be utterly buzzing and would probably be on par with the crowd that watched Ireland vs Pakistan on Bank Hol Monday a few weeks back...though if u were to get upwards of 500-1000 people it would be truly remarkable.

I just hope the weather is fair to you on Sunday.

Best of luck

Russeller

ivan mccombe

Facebook and Twitter

16th Jun 2011

Thanks DK.

This Sunday at Moylena I hope we can show a positive side to Irish cricket. We have promoted the game v Waringstown to a large non cricket audience. We have targetted the people of Antrim and surrounding areas to come and " Enjoy a day at the cricket ".

Our goal is to attract over 1,000 people to the game. I have to thank all the local media and the websites for helping us promote the game. I also want to thank Waringstown for the efforts they have made at their end.That's what makes them such a great club.

We have resisted loading the day with gimmicks. We want the players on both sides to be the centre of attention. This game will be the first played on the newly laid square and it's great to see bounce in a Moylena pitch.( ok Russeller ).

The bar will be open, the bbqs lit, ice cream trikes for the kids ( and adults ) and we will be holding a Golden Wicket draw. Based on the Golden Goal principle the winner will be the person holding the ticket with the score at the fall of the first wicket in the second innings.

Please come along and encourage those that have never been to a game before. Help us by bringing your own seat. Plenty of parking is available in and around the Technology Park.If you have never been to Moylena before you can get directions at www.mcltc.com

jim

Home at last

16th Jun 2011

Back to cricketing matters.
I see there are/have been matches arranged for Fridays as one or both of those sides don't play Sundays. How do these teams manage to get a decent side out when most of us are working all day fridays? can clubs refuse to play on a friday because of this? and finally can teams refuse to play fridays because they're Islamic? not being anti christian here at all but should we cater for one religion ahead of another? friendly debaters only need reply

dk

belfast

15th Jun 2011

Too much rumour-mongering - get cricket back in focus and spotlight on the Muckamore CC initiative this weekend V Waringstown - two great clubs to hopefully lift the gloom & whispers - with positive action on the field of play

dk

belfast

15th Jun 2011

What's all the furore - storm in a 'D cup' - make sure cricket is the winner!

Kevin McMahon

Work

15th Jun 2011

Heard rumours that the "White" incident wasn't the only assault to take place this weekend. Anyone hear of what happened at the Academy/Armagh game?