Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

Russeller

Comber

17th Jun 2011

Ivan,

Low blow there mate!! haha!! I was very complimentary of Moylena the day we were up there a month or so back...the ground looked sublime....but im glad to hear that the new wickets are now being used yes!!

I wish you the best of luck for Sunday...it is through the efforts of yourself and the likes of big Andy Clement that Muckamore are moving in the right direction as a club. Many clubs, both small and the big boys could take note from the drive and tenacity you as a club have shown. I think you said a week or so ago...if this doesnt work then the only thing that will come out of it is lessons learnt for the next time you attempt something as big.

If you got 300 people at the game the ground would be utterly buzzing and would probably be on par with the crowd that watched Ireland vs Pakistan on Bank Hol Monday a few weeks back...though if u were to get upwards of 500-1000 people it would be truly remarkable.

I just hope the weather is fair to you on Sunday.

Best of luck

Russeller

ivan mccombe

Facebook and Twitter

16th Jun 2011

Thanks DK.

This Sunday at Moylena I hope we can show a positive side to Irish cricket. We have promoted the game v Waringstown to a large non cricket audience. We have targetted the people of Antrim and surrounding areas to come and " Enjoy a day at the cricket ".

Our goal is to attract over 1,000 people to the game. I have to thank all the local media and the websites for helping us promote the game. I also want to thank Waringstown for the efforts they have made at their end.That's what makes them such a great club.

We have resisted loading the day with gimmicks. We want the players on both sides to be the centre of attention. This game will be the first played on the newly laid square and it's great to see bounce in a Moylena pitch.( ok Russeller ).

The bar will be open, the bbqs lit, ice cream trikes for the kids ( and adults ) and we will be holding a Golden Wicket draw. Based on the Golden Goal principle the winner will be the person holding the ticket with the score at the fall of the first wicket in the second innings.

Please come along and encourage those that have never been to a game before. Help us by bringing your own seat. Plenty of parking is available in and around the Technology Park.If you have never been to Moylena before you can get directions at www.mcltc.com

jim

Home at last

16th Jun 2011

Back to cricketing matters.
I see there are/have been matches arranged for Fridays as one or both of those sides don't play Sundays. How do these teams manage to get a decent side out when most of us are working all day fridays? can clubs refuse to play on a friday because of this? and finally can teams refuse to play fridays because they're Islamic? not being anti christian here at all but should we cater for one religion ahead of another? friendly debaters only need reply

dk

belfast

15th Jun 2011

Too much rumour-mongering - get cricket back in focus and spotlight on the Muckamore CC initiative this weekend V Waringstown - two great clubs to hopefully lift the gloom & whispers - with positive action on the field of play

dk

belfast

15th Jun 2011

What's all the furore - storm in a 'D cup' - make sure cricket is the winner!

Kevin McMahon

Work

15th Jun 2011

Heard rumours that the "White" incident wasn't the only assault to take place this weekend. Anyone hear of what happened at the Academy/Armagh game?

taito

work

15th Jun 2011

hi, di lisburn play csni in the twenty 20 cup last night? if so what was the result?

Bumperdale

Belfast

14th Jun 2011

The lighter side of cricket.
During Saturday's Inst 2s v. CIYMS 2s CI chasing a large total of 302 made things very difficult for themselves with 3 run outs. Kamakazee running was the gleeful call by the Inst fielders.
After another 3 mixups but no run-out the cry was 'IRISH KAMAKAZEE' running meaning they had three successful missions.
In contrast to other sour and demeaning incidents this at least shows there is still humour and fun within this wonderful game of cricket!

andy kennedy

sunny Buckna

14th Jun 2011

re David Scott - I think you might be mistaking me for the former Minister of Culture Arts & Leisure! You won't hear any adverse comments from me about the late night behaviour or otherwise of Woodvale players. Alright, they can be feisty but your dinner is always a most enjoyable event - and sure nobody died!

Tim Browne

Work

14th Jun 2011

Brendan

Quite agree, strange posting. Surely allegations of assault are not to be taken lightly.

I also noticed the posting from the News Letter correcting its reporting of the incident which goes to show that even the journalists can get it wrong. What chance do mere mortals have! Even people very close to such an incident may not have fully understood what happened. It is best to let the authorities decide on what is fact and what is fiction.

Brendan

Glengormley

14th Jun 2011

Just read a posting from "Char McCrum" on the other channel who accepts the breaking of stumps and assaults and asks for people to behave "like men" and "learn from it." Well Char you obviously haven't learned much from it! As Nikki Lauder would say "you are completely mad."
Hopefully you are not the Charlie McCrum we know as a cricketer and just some bouncer at a Limavady nightclub.

David Scott

Belfast

14th Jun 2011

....or press reporting of late night appropriate behaviour from Woodvale players....

(thought I would get there before Andy K did)

David Scott

Belfast

14th Jun 2011

Re Colin

If your friend's, hairdresser's, husband's, dog walker is talking about it then it begs the question is there such a thing as bad publicity?
People I know who would never talk cricket (even through the World Cup) all of a sudden are!
Maybe we should organise to have controversy at every match or press reporting of late night inappropriate behaviour from players.....that might bring the crowds back :)

Colin Moore

Ballynahinch

14th Jun 2011

You are entitled to your opinion Jim. I just think that something as sensational as this, happening in our premier cricket competition, between two of NI's bigger clubs, will always be subject to discussion. My point is that hearing things first hand on a forum or in a press release is much preferred to hearing it from my friend's, hairdresser's, husband's, dog walker, who happened to be on the tow path and heard the Instonian's boys talking about it during a practice session :-)

Vic Johns

Can't get the staff these days !

13th Jun 2011

Get back on the gang mower Park-ranger and forget about reading newspapers when you've work to do !

And while you're at it...will you run the heavy roller over our wicket a few more times than you usually do ?

I can't afford any more no-ball penalties when the ball doesn't bounce after I've bowled it !!!