Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

andy kennedy

baltic Buckna

9th Dec 2011

The problem with speed-reading is that the odd letter gets missed. Bit like the problems that arise from hiding behind an "alias" - maybe there are 2 Andy Kennedys (perishthe thought!). So to whichever Dan posted about my retirement I can only say that it must be a while since he was at a senior game as we have been wearing blue coats for the past 2 seasons!

matthew

work

9th Dec 2011

well said bruce having had umpires over the years it takes away the blatant cheating of teams and captains telling players give nothing i have had plenty of words with captains and players over this and am not afraid to air my views umpires will make mistakes but they stand for 100 overs and i thank them

Dan

WORK (IN CAPITALS FOR ANDY TO READ!!)

9th Dec 2011

Also Andy, Jareth wrote CSI, not CI!! Your eyesight is also struggling too, so time to hang that white coat & specs up me thinks!!!

Dan

Work

9th Dec 2011

Andy K, you are really showing your age on this forum. ABU stands for Anyone But United, with that being a "statement" I wasn't aware my grammar would matter so much, but obviously it does to a dinosour like yourself!! Also, I ain't the self proclaimed lawyer, that was someone else, but maybe your going a little senile in your old age, so maybe you should consider retiring from umpiring...

Bruce Topping

Donaghcloney

9th Dec 2011

RE: Clarence - Umpires & Irish National Cup

Could not agree more with your sentiments expressed in the last 2 articles. I am looking forward to a trip to Burndenett in the Irish National Cup as I have never played there before.

I have noticed an increasing lack of respect for umpires over the last few years which is not good for the game. I actually did my level 1 umpires exam a couple of seasons ago and found it challenging and certainly learnt a thing or two about the laws of the game and game management. Thanks to all those umpires who give up so much of their time for our game.

andy kennedy

breezy Buckna

8th Dec 2011

moi - an ABU? (note spelling Dan "an" before a vowel!) absolutely! Could be "Super Spurs" year alright. Does that mean your making an offer Dan - or are you still poring over the law books!?? As for Jarleth - CI on channel 5? - whatever you're on mate could I have a pint of it!!

Andy Lytle

Nantes, France

8th Dec 2011

Bonjour mes amis en Irlande du Nord,
I'm writing this at my study at home in Nantes in the west of France, looking forward to 5th indoor nets of the season with Nantes CC. I read a lot on this forum of the difficulties of running and maintaining a cricket club (and my experiences over many years with Ballymena CC confirm that it's not an easy job) but, since moving to France in September and getting involved with my local club, I have to say that NI clubs don't know they are living. I wonder what would be said if, like Nantes CC, your nearest away game was over 1h30 away. What would be said about the pitches if you were having to play in the middle of a race course? If you had no club house, no machinery, 1 small sponsor, no youth cricket set up and no guarantee of there even being a club this time next year! Life for a little French club is hard but it is also a lot of fun and folks are very committed. At a recent AGM over 90% of players were present, there is a tour every year (NI is being talked about for 2012), we're trying to start up all-female team, the first in France, and every year the club's 1 team will play as many as 20 games, mostly against touring teams but others against "local" (ie from anywhere in France) opposition. The standard is mixed with a few very good "overseas" players and a good number of promising french players who would not look out of place on my old Ballymena 3rd XI. Of course, the best part of the game here is the weather and of course the teas. Ballymena Teas were good but Nantes teas are on another level. No struggling to find the "ham" hidden in the margarine here. So, if you're holidaying in the west of France or looking for a venue for a tour, why not think of coming to Nantes, an hour's flight from Dublin. You'll be assured of a warm welcome. So it's off to nets I go, wishing you joyeux noël et bonne année.
AL
You can visit the club website at http://www.nantes-cricket-club.com/#!__nantes-cricket-french

taito

keeping a low profile

8th Dec 2011

trust you mccready... dont post anything about cricket all year.. but you dont miss a chance to stick the boot in you scouse rat lol

jareth

europa league

8th Dec 2011

Man Utd and the new series of CSI have something in common - they are now both on channel 5 in the new year

Dan

Work

8th Dec 2011

No surprise that Andy Kennedy is ABU!!!

JONATHAN LYTTLE

NIACUS

8th Dec 2011

NIACUS December Open Meeting and Christmas Quiz is scheduled for Monday 12th December 2011 at 7.30pm at Stormont. All members and friends are welcome to attend. Christmas refreshments will be served to all.

andy kennedy

still smirking in Buckna

8th Dec 2011

I know this is not cricket-related but there must be some cricketers out there who may be interested. Due to unforeseen circumstances I have, for sale, a polo shirt "Champions League Winners 2012" in red - no longer required by the person I intended to give it to. Any takers??!

ivan mccombe

United Kingdom

7th Dec 2011

Muckamore are bringing Kamy back for his 5th season in 2012. With Neil Gill as skipper we will be aiming to get back in the Premier League as soon as possible.

Chris Rea

East Belfast

7th Dec 2011

Very good Norman, are you any relation to Kieran? We'll keep you informed of who has applied and what size of tracksuit they need.

Richard C

Sleighbells ringing...

7th Dec 2011

Dyer or Dire?
Come on Norm why have a cheap pot at CI when there are plenty of clubs that have pros? Are you just another pot stirrer with nothing else to do in December?