Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

Ryan Haire

Comber

20th Dec 2011

Seasons greetings Clarence and to all forumites!! Heres to a sunny 2012 with plenty of NCU success.

C.Boomer

Just in from ' work ' !

19th Dec 2011

"Get away Andy ! Would you believe it" ?

I see the young Northern-Irish league player may be signing for Liverpool now.....more talent heading across the water !

Anyway to you, Paul McCrum, the Ulster cricketer Editors and all the contributators & readers...Merry Christmas and a Happy & safe New-year.

andy kennedy

seeing who is 3rde in the Premiership!!

19th Dec 2011

sorry to spoil your poem Caleb but it looks like they might be allowed back in on a technicality - just shows if Sir Awick fell into a barrel of t*ts he'd come up sucking his thumb!! Glad to hear that you've started on the ground already.

Paul McCrum

TX

18th Dec 2011

Sincerely Wishing all cricketers in Ulster & Ireland a peaceful joyous Christmas - excluding the faceless/nameless few on the forum who's gift from me is some much needed courage & bottle....

C.Boomer

Moira Park (or Demense to be precise).

18th Dec 2011

Dan,Dan the Man.U man,why he follows them I don't understand,
He gets excited... about United
Cause they'll be live,Thursdays on 5,
Dumped out of Cup..oh what a pity,
along with their rivals,Manchester City!

Dan Dan, says he's also a cricket man
But I don't know, he hasn't a clue,
Thinks NCU umpires, wear white not blue
And when Andy Kennedy told him so,
All he could reply was " Abu Abu" !

Now Dan Dan, who are you man?
Come out of yon place,show us your face
I'd like to know,afore we play cricket
I reckon I'd easy, take your wicket!

( A little poem that just came to me while I was out picking the remains of last summers dandilions for our pet bunny rabbit ).

andy kennedy

siberian Buckna

18th Dec 2011

you're right David but it sure it passes the long evenings up here in icy Buckna. Flossie can't even get out to get a wet battery for the wireless! Best wishes to you and all the guys at Queensway - even Mr. Angry!!

David Edwards

In front of a large log fire

17th Dec 2011

re Andy and Dan

Andy. Is it possible that Dan has concerns over your eyesight but that the real problem is that you can't see him because he's hiding behind a fake name?

andy kennedy

Buckna

16th Dec 2011

don't be too surprised Dan - or whatever name you're hiding behind - I see & hear four times more than I say.

Davy Hamilton

Carrickfergus

15th Dec 2011

Cliftonville Cricket Club are looking to appoint a locally based cricket development officer, initially for the 2012 season.
This is a new part-time post encompassing playing,coaching and junior club development.
Applications are welcomed from coaches who hold the ECB level 1 coaching certificate, or higher qualification. Candidates should have Premier League playing experience and current level of playing ability that matches this standard.
Remuneration to be discussed on the basis of qualifications and experience.

Please apply in writing with attached CV to David Hamilton , Hon. Secretary, Cliftonville CC @ themightyfrog@live.co.uk

Dan

Work

15th Dec 2011

Thanks Andy, I did see it...surprised you did!! I have been on a couple of these courses before, and learnt a lot from them, which has helped with playing. I still have a year or two in me on the playing side, and then you never know...thanks for your interest Andy and Merry Christmas!

ivan mccombe

The treadmill.

15th Dec 2011

Re NCU Senior Cup book by Clarence Hiles. I think I've mentioned before but if you haven't got your hands on this yet then go on do yourself a favour and treat yourself this Christmas.The detail and history is incredible and would make a great present for any cricket fan.Clarence Hiles might be living in Barbados but he's more in touch with NCU cricket than most of us living here. A must read.

andy kennedy

thawing out Flossie in Buckna

14th Dec 2011

there you are Dan - details of the course now posted!!

John Hiles

Santa's grotto wrapping up cricket books

14th Dec 2011

Jeff - copies of book available in Premier Sports, Comber. Any problems email me at hiler@btinternet.com or give me a ring on 07802925898 and hopefully we can arrange collection.

bumperdale

Belfast

14th Dec 2011

Looks like excellent appointments to the Development Officer posts. Good luck Nigel and Brian.

Jonathan Lyttle

NIACUS

14th Dec 2011

NIACUS Umpire Training Course to be held on weekend beginning Friday 3rd February 2012 and finishing on Sunday 5th. Training will be facilitated by NIACUS Training Officer, Keith Smith and Chairman Alan Neill. If interested in attending please contact Jonathan Lyttle as soon as possible. Training will take place at St Johns Training Building, Knockbracken. NIACUS would encourage clubs to make a big effort to support this training.