Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

Paul Hatton

Dublin

19th Jun 2007

Ok you guys I'm not going to crow but here we are again in the Irish Senior Cup and all the northern bigwigs are gone. Derriaghy won't go much farther so take it on the chin because there's going to be another Leinster winner this season again. I went to the Park on Saturday and although Phoenix won a very important toss they had plenty to spare over North Down, weather conditions or not. Back to the drawing board boys!

Irish Supporter

Ireland

17th Jun 2007

Re. selection debate:

The last thing Irish cricket needs is politics in selection. That is one of the factors that has led to the West Indies demise.

Irish Supporter

Ireland

17th Jun 2007

What Ireland desperately needs is to start producing 'quick' quick bowlers.
Who are the top fast bowlers or young prospects coming through in Ireland???
Gill, McDarby???

Irish Supporter

Ireland

17th Jun 2007

The Northern provinces are producing excellent young cricketers i.e. Porterfield, Boyd, Gary Wilson, Gary Kidd, etc. Many other Northern players also in U23 squads in '06 and '07 and A Team in EurAsia comp. in 06. It shouldn't be a competition to see which province can heve more Irish players. People should stop arguing and be more positive.

Dee McAdams

Home

12th Jun 2007

Well Said William. He probably wants Molins in for Porty and a good southern spinner in for Kyle!

William O

Work

12th Jun 2007

Paul Hatton, you really don’t know when to stop. What do you have to say about the recall of Dom Joyce to the Ireland team, I suppose you think that’s great as well?!

Paul Hatton

Dublin

7th Jun 2007

Hey Quiet Man I didn't say we produced the majority of Ireland players, you did! All I asked was what's happening in the north and you threw up two names so everything must be OK. However, looking at the current squad and the recent additions there aren't too many northern players in the pecking order. And what's wrong with the Aussie -Irish and the Springbok-Irish now? Don't you support your national team or would you prefer we go back to being a bunch of no-hopers?

Interested

home

4th Jun 2007

Is there an Ulster Cricketer magazine coming out any time soon?

Response

Sorry Interested but the Ulster Cricketer magazine has been discontinued - just the website now.

Davy

North West

3rd Jun 2007

Should be a classic match in the cup quarter final, Decker's boys to just shade it for me!

THE QUIET MAN

COMBER

3rd Jun 2007

Paul, how can you say that you provide the majority of players for the ireland team when, most of the players that play for ireland from the south are from austraila or south africa! What you said about not getting the rub of the green when you come up north is a load of rubbish, as NCU umpires are the fairest umpires in the game!

neutral

home

2nd Jun 2007

muppet is right, "stop living in the past", your the one who brought up this whole debate! and to say that ulster isn't producing any Ireland cricketers is a bit harsh we've got more than a few very promising players coming through the ranks ie stirling and hall but to name a few. NCU cricket is looking very promising for the future and from what i hear the run out decision totally changed the game, can u deny that!

D Smyth

Belfast

2nd Jun 2007

Hatton you Muppet.
I’m not even a North Down fan but had the misfortune of witnessing the major run out incident at Rush last year and believe me, if your club had been involved you would still be talking about it.
It was either the worst piece of umpiring I have ever witnessed (and yes, totally altered the result) or it was just blatant… …well I’ll let you finish that yourself.
To suggest that Leinster teams don’t get the rub of the green when they travel north is a sarcastic remark that will win you no friends.
DS

Paul Hatton

Dublin

1st Jun 2007

OK guys I've ruffled a few feathers with my 'Rush hammering' comment but any team chasing 300 to win deserves a break or two and with one over to go they'd have got at least another 20 runs the way the North Down bowlers were being hit all round the place. Let's move forward as our clubs have had a few wobbly umpiring decisions in the north, especially the farther north we travel!
We welcome your return to the competition and stop living in the past as you're only as good as your next result. Also what's wrong with the international team these days as you don't seem to be providing too many candidates for Ireland?

Local Observer

Home

31st May 2007

re ncu follower
no doubt the mccrums will be relishing the chance to play at their former stomping ground in the cup quarter final!

Webmaster

HQ

31st May 2007

The Ulster Cricketer is looking for a correspondent to cover Schools cricket across the province.
Any interested parties should email info@theulstercricketer.com for further information.
This position may be of particular interest to anyone thinking of pursuing a career in sports journalism.