Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

michael patterson

Lisburn

6th Aug 2008

You're right Ronnie, it's not a perfect world. If it was KP would be playing against England! Anyway the ICC sets the rules and we have benefitted as much as any country with qualified players. But your point on lack of support is a concern. It doesn't seem that grassroots NCU and North West cricket fully supports Ireland and we don't appear to be able to attract the neutrals like Dublin. Crowds are important so when it comes to the big matches they should go to where the best crowds attend. We can't argue against it any more.

ronnie

stormont

6th Aug 2008

look, these guys have a living to make, in a perfect world they would all play for ireland but the world ain't perfect, if it were K.P. would play for south africa etc. etc. and ireland wouldn,t have half the players they do. so stop griping and be happy for our team and their success.by the way it was sad to see the lack support shown to our national side at stormont this week.........maybe you were all too busy airing your views on this forum, get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!

mark

Belfast

4th Aug 2008

James,
if he continues the way he is playing it won't matter as he'll be playing for England. But let's be honest we aren't that strong to turn down an established county player. It's a bit like not picking George Best after some of his no shows and antics. There's no point shooting yourself in the foot even although his judgement seems flawed. Someone should sit down and talk to him.

James

Belfast

4th Aug 2008

I enjoyed the T20 at Stormont but was miffed not to see Morgan in action for Ireland.
This was not mickey mouse cricket, or a FPT group game or even just an international,it was a World Cup event, where was he?
His place in the Middlesex team is secure so he just plain put them ahead of his country. He should not be considered for selection again.

michael patterson

Lisburn

31st Jul 2008

Cricket Ireland sponsored by a university?
Is this for real? Carnegie this and carnegie that but is real money involved or is this a partnership of convenience or genuine sponsorship? The Cricket Ireland press release told us little and to say there were 'strong links' because William Porterfield went there is a bit rich. They are going to brand well but how much cash have they brought to the table that's what we want to know?

Brendan

Derry

31st Jul 2008

I hope a few people from the NCU make their way to the North West tomorrow for the cup final as it should be a good game weather permitting. We should support our finals both ways.

mark

Belfast

31st Jul 2008

Anybody know what happens if the Ireland v Scotland game is a washout?

Paul Hatton

Dublin

31st Jul 2008

Were no Leinster players available to play for the A team against MCC? We have to assume so because although I'm sure the selected players are there on merit I can't believe there's not one Leinster player good enough to win a place.
I thought 'political' decisions were a thing of the past?

andy kennedy

not Ballymena

31st Jul 2008

I am sure that all cricket lovers will join me in expressing symapthy to Andy McCrea of Templepatrick C.C. on the tragic death of his brother. Our thoughts are very much with the family circle at this sad time.

Ryan McCarter

Armagh

30th Jul 2008

We are fortunate we have some truly beautiful grounds around Ireland, my home ground The Mall is a special place to play cricket but unfortunately as it is a public ground we have suffered a lot of vandalism with our articical wicket being destroyed in the past and the wicket covers being wrecked also. Do any other clubs suffer from these mindless vandals?

r mcalpine

dundrum

30th Jul 2008

most people believe their home ground to be a beautiful place to watch cricket (and i'm no different) so for those who have never visited the meadow in dundrum........treat yourself. enuf said

ivan mc combe

Muckamore

30th Jul 2008

I was disappointed this morning when I checked the local press and saw not a mention, report or photograph from yesterday's Graham Cup final. My interest being greater as Muckamore were victorious yesterday over Instonians. Now this has long been considered a prestigise trophy within NCU. I was more surprised knowing that the NCU P.R.O. is a member of the club that donated the original Graham Cup. We need to keep promoting cricket at grassroot and youth level.

Response

Ivan, does anyone at Muckamore have scorecard/photos they could email to the site and we'll certainly give it a good plug?

michael patterson

Lisburn

30th Jul 2008

Why Andy?
I don't work for you or need to 'qualify' to express an opinion. As soon as I state my background it becomes your focus. Suffice to say I passed my 11 plus and your cricket CV is fairly normal. Nothing wrong with that either.
A 'glib critic?' You said it not me.
Don't get so touchy when others answer back because you start plenty of banter yourself and that's what forums are all about. This little screen makes us all big boys in cricket without having to get elected. Little wonder the suits don't like us because so many of us never have to put our money where our mouth is. But the Lord loves us all nevertheless.

andy kennedy

not Ballymena

30th Jul 2008

As someone who has been involved with cricket, as a schoolboy, since 1959 and played until 2006 when I took up umpiring I trust that Michael Patterson doesn't regard me as a "glib critic". Perhaps he could state his bona fides.

Paul Quinn

Belfast (eating humble pie)

30th Jul 2008

Oops :-)