Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

David Greenlees

greenisland

15th Aug 2008

Clarence, Many thanks for your interest in the Junior Cup Final, however I do resent being bracketed in the same age group as Brian Kelso, I'm not sure I had even started school when he had finished.

Seriously hope the rain holds off and all finals are played tomorrow.

mark

Belfast

15th Aug 2008

Well done CSN!
Great advertisement for the one day final and who says low scores don't produce exciting finishes?
Is it time to start talking about the 'Big Three' now?

Ryan McCarter

The Mall

15th Aug 2008

Cup Final

It appears the CSNI selectors didn't share my enthusiasm for Beverlands batting but with 2 decent catches to help reduce Waringstown to 93-7 off 40 overs he could have played his part in a famous win for the Civil Service/Harelequins/North select!

Brendan

Derry

15th Aug 2008

Is William Porterfield eligible to play for Donemana in the Irish Cup final?

Ryan McCarter

The Mall

14th Aug 2008

Cup Final verdict?

How do users see this one going, lets hope it isnt spoiled by the weather anyhow!

CSNI for the trophy in my view, in Horwood, West, Jones and Wilson they have 4 match winners and young opener Beverland is every bit as good as the more heralded Hall or Nelson on his day

michael patterson

Lisburn

14th Aug 2008

Brendan,you are the eternal optimist. I'll auction my bowler hat and white gloves for the umpires retirement fund if the flags come down at Maghermason and the flagstones are painted out in designer light grey!
We live in hope.

Brendan

Derry

14th Aug 2008

Interesting debate on flags and painted flagstones at a time when the Olympics is full of flag-waving and nationalism. Athletes are usually motivated by this support but are they intimidated by other flags? I think not. The main problem we have is that these flags are not just symbols of nationalism they are statements of identity and drum-beating in local neighbourhoods. But times have moved on. Reconciliation and tolerance is a long process but we have to build bridges and reach the stage where these statements are not necessary. Certainly it's not the responsibility of the local cricket club to champion that process but they can talk to residents and tell them how they are perceived from the outside. It may not change things overnight but it could be a start of a process that leads to universal understanding and tolerance of other people's views. This is 2008 not 1690 and the world has moved on. Time for us to catch up.

michael patterson

Lisburn

14th Aug 2008

OK bunnies everybody happy again? I guess it's the weather making us all cranky and frustrated. Have to say the groundsmen have mountains to climb to prepare cup final wickets in these conditions. And to be fair to Ryan, it can't be easy getting grounds and organizing finals especially with the changes. Good luck to all the teams and let's hope we get some cricket.

Ryan McMaster

Ballyclare

14th Aug 2008

Fair enough Mark, maybe I took you up wrong then at the first stage.
I will say however, be assured, that all NCU officials have been working overtime to let the weekend cup finals an opportunity to play. Keep in mind this takes time to organise.
I am happy to leave it at that. And keep our fingers crossed it will be dry this weekend.
Ryan

mark

Belfast

14th Aug 2008

This is not personal Ryan and you were not mentioned in my original email. You took it upon yourself to reply in that context. And in your reply you placed the blame for the lack of information on awaiting the committee's decision. That's what we needed to know not the rest of the stuff that you are throwing out. I value my privacy and you should respect it. Time to move on.

Ryan McMaster

Ballyclare

14th Aug 2008

Mark,
I would like to know who you are so I know who I am talking with, rather than you being one of these people that hide behind single names.
Anyway, I am sorry that I even bothered with you and I am not going to carry on with the debate.
As you have such great ideas, maybe you should put your name forward for office at the next AGM. I seem to do such a poor job, then maybe you will do wonders.
BTW - you still didnt answer my question about what other ways you propose communication, seriously - please give me a call and we can discuss. Number on the notice board, but here it is 07709 399 334

mark

Belfast

13th Aug 2008

Tut tut Ryan. Not very good PR. I'm a minnow in the sport but you are an elected officer with a role that involves letting everyone know about things that are happening in the NCU game.
The NCU website is the notice board but if that's your only communication tool then we know where we stand. As for correct information 100% of us want it not 98% and as for communication then perhaps the decision makers should be answering this email not you. And as for my name why is that your business?

Ryan McMaster

NCU PR Office (Ballyclare)

13th Aug 2008

Dear Mark,
many thanks for your interest in the NCU and in particular the Junior Cup. We have all be experiencing a heavy workload with the rain etc and trying to get things orgainsed so that the finals can be played and be a special occasion for the teams and the sponsors - this takes a bit of prep work.

I, as NCU PRO, have to wait for the meetings to happen before I can give you and the public information.
I would love to know what you mean by 'be more proactive, communicative and timely’? Do you want me to bombard you with hearsay? Please tell me as I would like to know how I can improve. I would say that 98% of people want the facts, not what I THINK may happen.

I will not even bother wasting my time anymore, as you don’t even bother giving me your full name.
Why have a PRO and not just a notice board? Well who would pin the notice to the board Mark and would you pop in to read it?

Thanks again for your interest, please feel free to check the NCU website for future notice board additions!

Regards,
Ryan

mark

Belfast

13th Aug 2008

At last some up to date details of the junior and senior cup finals have been posted on the NCU website.(Wed) As usual you come to us in your time rather than be proactive, communicative and timely. Why have a PR officer and not just have a noticeboard?

mark

Belfast

12th Aug 2008

Can someone from the NCU clear up the Junior Cup final venue confusion?