Speaking at the press conference to announce the 3 year sponsorship deal with RSA, coach Phil Simmons expressed that he was happy with the composition of the squad, although he did indicate that there were still a few injury concerns over a number of players.
Andrew White (finger) and Kevin O'Brien (back) will undergo fitness test next week to ensure their participation in the tour early next month.
Former skipper Trent Johnston has made himself available for the whole duration of the trip, including the One day international games with Kenya and Zimbabwe, and Simmons confirmed that he would be available for the ICC World Cup Qualifers in 2009.
There is no place in the squad for Eoin Morgan, who is nursing a few niggles, and is required by Middlesex for the Stanford series as well.
John Mooney returns to the squad after a self imposed exile, and Phil Eaglestone after injury. Regan West retains his place after making his debut at Stormont in the abandoned ODI with Kenya.
Missing out on selection are Gary Kidd, Thinus Fourie, Paul Stirling and Reinhardt Strydom, although they are on standby should there be any late withdrawals.
The squad in full is as follows:
- William Porterfield (Captain) (Gloucestershire)
- Andre Botha (North County)
- Peter Connell (North Down)
- Alex Cusack (Clontarf)
- Phil Eaglestone (Strabane)
- Trent Johnston (Railway Union)
- Kyle McCallan (Waringstown)
- John Mooney (North County)
- Kevin O'Brien (Railway Union)
- Niall O'Brien (Railway Union)
- Andrew Poynter (Clontarf)
- Boyd Rankin (Warwickshire)
- Regan West (CSN)
- Andrew White (Instonians)
- Gary Wilson (Surrey)
The fixtures are as follows:
- Namibia v Ireland - October 3-6 - InterContinental Cup
- Kenya v Ireland - October 11-14 - InterContinental Cup
- ODI Triangular Series - October 17-25 in Kenya