Forum

Please click here to leave a message.

The Ulster Cricketer reserves the right not to publish submissions written under pseudonyms or which make gratuitous personal attacks.

Michael Kennedy

Moylena

4th Sep 2013

Andy, is that the same ollie Thorpe that didn't get picked for ballymena u11's and u13's?? Change of club seems to have done the trick??

andy kennedy

Costa Buckna

4th Sep 2013

Excellent points about the England selectors made by Hiler on his "features" blog. When compared to the Australian team that travelled to Scotland Ireland were sold short. But then again we have been here before - I remember the reaction to my postings a few years ago when I expressed my views on Mr. Collingwood et al. I would also congratulate Kyle on his performance on Sky - really professional and he is certainly up there with the longer serving pundits such as Atherton,etc. On a different note - I'm sure that many were delighted to see young Luke Allen's performance against Dundrum. Must be in the genes!! I was also thrilled to see my buddy Ollie Thorpe win an U15 medal at Carrick last Friday. First of many I hope pal.

Ivan McCombe

Knackered just home .

4th Sep 2013

Just back from Dublin where I had a very enjoyable day at Malahide for the ODI v England. The Muckamore contingent have watched international cricket in different parts of the world but the setting, organisation, atmosphere yesterday would be on a par with the very best. Cricket Ireland deserve a big pat on the back for putting on such an event. I can remember being at games with 100 spectators and in those days if anyone had dared dream that one day we would get 10,000 people they would have been ridiculed.
Lets keep the momentum going, lets go looking for more people of all ages to play cricket. Lets raise the standard of coaching and player development at club level, lets get behind the Northern Knights team. Lets plan how we get 1,000 people to the first T20 interprovincial series next season, lets go looking for more people to come and watch club cricket. The momentum is with us - yes we need a few players particularly in the seam bowling department but a few fast bowling clinics would be the place to start. Eoin Morgan's international career started in front of 100 fans and ten years later he is going to captain England in a ODI series against their biggest rivals. So dream big everyone .

Ryan Haire

Comber

29th Aug 2013

Great knock in the recent inter-pro by team-mate Nick Larkin. Shocked by Ian Callendars report stating "no selectors were present to witness it". Bemused!

David Skelton

Derriaghy CC

26th Aug 2013

Just to say thanks to Downpatrick for their splendid hosting of yesterdays RSA National Cup. To David Rea and his team - well done and I know you impressed the CI officials so expect to be asked to host more finals in the future.
To Malahide CC congratulations on your win. To all the Derriaghy team (including supporters)you did the club proud.
Finally on a personal note thanks to all who contributed to my Marie Curie Cancer Care collection - £147 was collected.

Neil Gill

Moylena

21st Aug 2013

Re: National Cup Final

Looking forward to it Taito and I would just like to wish Derriaghy all the very best, would be great to keep the Trophy up north.

taito

belfast

21st Aug 2013

Just following up davy's post re the national cup final. It would be good to see a good crowd down to support the 'aghy in the final of the national cup at the meadow. Last chance to see Yogi i hear.

Also we will be serving breakfast rolls from early on and from lunch time the sunday carvery will be on.

David Skelton

Derriaghy C C

20th Aug 2013

RSA National Cup Final 2013

Derriaghy v Malahide to be played at Downpatrick CC on Sunday 25 August.

Just to let everyone know that the match is now due to start at 11am

george

france

20th Aug 2013

Good to see two teams of second eleven in the ulster plate final with no regular first eleven players brought in it is a second eleven competition so there should be a rule brought in to stop teams stacking if their firsts have no game pity no cricket ireland officials where their to make the presentations but maybe they only watch first eleven games

Trevor Neill

Muckamore Cricket Club

19th Aug 2013

Muckamore's 6th Annual Golf Day
06th September @ Hilton Templepatrick
Tee-off times 11am to 1.30pm (TBC)
Cost per 4-ball £140 or £35 per head
This includes; round of golf, BBQ back at Moylena and entry into the now famous "Keato's Deal Or No Deal"

If interested contact Trevor Neill on 07585122507

george

home

15th Aug 2013

Has anybody more photos of the junior cup final

Andy McCrea

Ballyclare

15th Aug 2013

RE Belfast Under 14s

Well done to all involved.

What is the current criteria to become a Belfast player and how was this team selected and what was the nomination process
As a club and school coach no information came my way.

Andy

Mark Butters

Australia

13th Aug 2013

The standard pretty good with several clubs having professionals that play 2nd eleven cricket with County teams. Those players certainly didn't dominate the competition and I think they would say their time here was great for their development.

Mark Butters

Australia

13th Aug 2013

Hey guys,

A mate of mine, Phil McCormick put me onto this forum. My name is Mark Butters and I coach St. Patricks C.C in Albury, NSW, Australia. We are trying to recruit an overseas player for the up coming season. I played a season two years ago for Holywood and we would love to give a young Ulster cricketer an opportunity to live and play cricket in Australia. We would love a batsmen that can bowl some spin but are open to all applicants. We can offer flights, accommodation and work. This would suit an 18 to 25 year old that is looking to experience cricket and life in Australia. Please contact me for any questions at mark_butters@hotmail.com

Response

Thanks Mark - What sort of standard in relation to your time at Holywood?

Ivan Mccombe

Home

12th Aug 2013

Clarence , I agree totally about the guys getting back to watch Senior cricket . For the olde guys its a chance to have the best of both world's playing and watching and for the younger players its a chance to see the players they only see in the nets in action. To grow the sport we need to get people playing more years and with a 30 over game it can be done and dusted in 4 and a half hours the same time as a round of golf. . So start those games at 11am and see the last 20 overs of a Senior game or the recreational cricketers I described in my previous post can get back for tea.